Lenovo Y50 Owners and Information Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by kingfirejet, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svalasnubben

svalasnubben Newbie

Reputations:
  2. jinenigma

jinenigma Newbie

Reputations:
    Gpu temps are around 72 max now. And quiethdd is not a proper solution as it decreases the life of the hdd.
    I'm experiencing micro stutters after few minute of gameplay. Things seem to be fine now. I deleted all the lenovo bloat and I'm using throttlestop alongwith XUT undervolting.

3. JackofBlade

JackofBlade Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh.
    Mine is making that kind of noise from day one, without any other issue.
    So laptop are not supposed to make that kind of noise when closing screen etc ?
    Was yours a Touch Y50 ? Mine is a non touch one.

4. Structamention

Structamention Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    With ThrottleStop running, my temps in Far Cry 3 on Ultra peak at 90 C. Is this abnormal or problematic?

I don't know how long it stays at 90 because the game crashes if I alt-tab out, but 90 is the peak.

5. doboyeee

doboyeee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had that problem too, it is definitely confirmed to be caused from the crappy SSHD. I replaced it with a Samsung Evo 840 SSD and all my games run flawlessly now. I even run all my steam games from an external HDD ($60 1TB from Western Digital) and it has no stutter at all. Hope this helps, get that SSHD replaced immediately and you will get way better gaming performance. Cheers

6. jinenigma

jinenigma Newbie

Reputations:
    Cheers I'll most def get an samsung evo then.

7. JackofBlade

JackofBlade Newbie

Reputations:
    And my hinge is making most of the noise only after that the pc had time to warm up. If i open it and close it when it's off and " cold", the noise is very little.

8. Incontro

Incontro Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Samsung 840 Evo is junk, Samsung still haven't properly fixed the slowdown issues that are affecting them.

Get a different SSD.

9. JackofBlade

JackofBlade Newbie

Reputations:
    I used throttlestop on this laptop too, and i had temps like 86/90 degree too. I wasn't confortable with that because i think it's really too hot, so i stopped using it. For me 90 degree is problematic on the long run, yes.

As for my hinge, i tested that when the computer is off and had time to cool down, the hinge doesn't make the noise. That's weird.

10. FourForty

FourForty Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anybody running windows 7 have trouble getting their card reader recognized? I've installed the driver from the lenovo website (49ca01w7), But it wont recognize. I have tried my card in another computer so i know the card and adapter work.

Anybody know what i can do? Thanks.

EDIT: also, My fn+ F5(airplane mode) and fn+f6(touchpad on/off) don't seem to work. The fn works to change the volume and keyboard brightness. But it can't seem to get these two to work. fn+f1 works to put the system to sleep. But not f5 and f6. Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.