Lenovo Y50 Owners and Information Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by kingfirejet, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fast200

fast200 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There are models on the lenovo site which indicate 1080p IPS (not 4k). I'm not sure if its a typo or not.

lewdvig likes this.
  2. Delta_V

Delta_V Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, I saw these the other day. Several of the configurations list "15.6" FHD IPS LED Backlight (1920x1080)" for the display, along with the i7-4720HQ, but still have the 860M. I guess Lenovo got sick of waiting for NVIDIA to get around to releasing the 960M. I'm looking for a laptop for my girlfriend, and that $919 model with the i7-4720HQ, 860M, 8GB RAM, and IPS display looks very tempting. I'm somewhat reluctant to support Lenovo after their recent bloatware/spyware shenanigans, but that model just seems to be hands-down the best option in that price range at the moment.

Have to at least wait for some reviews of the refreshed models though, to see how good the new IPS panel really is. I know there have been complaints about the IPS display on the Acer V15 Nitro, so it seems there are some sub-par IPS displays out there. Hopefully Lenovo learned their lesson from all the complaints about the original display and didn't try to cut corners this time.

3. lewdvig

lewdvig Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    ...my guess is the IPS panel in the current Y50 is the one that will grace the referesh in a few weeks.

4. Jetdel

Jetdel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. crazydawid

crazydawid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Jetdel, i NEED to try this one!
    But I dont have tools to remove it as You do, is there any way to do it without it?

6. xlr8in

xlr8in Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone purchased the updated Y50 yet? I just looked on the USA Lenovo site and they have a refreshed version up with the 960m for $1299. Has the 4720, IPS screen, 16gb ram and 1tb+8gb hybrid. Waiting for the Canadian site and microsoft store to update.

7. JackofBlade

JackofBlade Newbie

Reputations:
    Do anyone has a hinge noise when opening or closing the laptop ? On the letf side ?
    I'm wondering if that's normal or not. Like a little creaking sound.

8. Plexabit

Plexabit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I saw the IPS screen update, but yeah I missed that one. It also has "WiFi AC Wirless (2x2)" Which I'm guessing is the 7260 Intel card. Looks like it fixes the screen and the wifi problems...makes it a great choice now for people who don't want to mod stuff for a little price premium. For example, if I upgrade my screen, it would bring my total Y50 price to $1200 maxed out (16GB, 250G SSD, 4GB gfx, and I somehow lucked out with a 7260 wifi card, all for $1100 after buying the SSD).

9. jinenigma

jinenigma Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys I am having issues with my Y50. I am getting stutters after 15 minutes of Call of duty AW. The stutter goes away temporarily when if I log off the windows user account or reboot my system. After the stutter start all my applications lag even Counter Strike 1.6 stutters. I am having the FHD non touch variant with 4GB 860m.

10. Spunky90

Spunky90 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone tell me which WIFI cards are supported on y50 as 7260 is laggy and unreliable...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.