Lenovo Y50 Owners and Information Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by kingfirejet, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAXTER619

DAXTER619 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Structamention

Structamention Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    ThrottleStop question:

I've turned off TS. My Y50 shouldn't be pumping any extra juice now, right? Wouldn't want it running on all cylinders for no reason.

3. Willem90

Willem90 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. Jarn06T

Jarn06T Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Actually, you might want to activate TS and limit the Multiplier (say 25 since it's not activating Turbo) and check "Power Saver" and "CE1". Now your CPU will definitely use low power. That could even be your #2 or #3 profile while #4 is battery (activating this one when not connected to AC Power) and #1 is for gaming/performance/work.

5. Structamention

Structamention Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    A few months back, I dealt with some micro-stuttering in Bioshock Infinite. Now I'm going back through it with ThrottleStop. While there's been a significant improvement, I still get a little stutter here and there.

Anyone else get the same thing in BI? I don't mean anything really serious, just an irregularity when you're walking around sometimes.

6. DAXTER619

DAXTER619 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So with the 860m core up +135 and throttlestop on 3.4ghz lock, I broke the 4,000 barrier on firestrike! :D GPU max was 60 degrees and the cpu reached 80, pretty darn nice

[​IMG]

Can you guys help me on how and where to unlock my bios? and how does all this unlocking business work? :D Thanks

Plexabit likes this.
  7. Willem90

Reputations:
    Can anyone comment on the general build quality? Is it anywhere close to business quality?

So far i broke most non-business notebooks in 2 years. Broken LCD's, defect mobo's ect. Probably always due to overusing/overheating :/

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    No I would not say it's business quality. The top,bottom,palmrest are made of aluminum but I would still say it leans towards the fragile side of notebooks. I always handle my stuff carefully but I know others who use things how they are meant to be used and just more or less throw them around and don't worry about banging them up. I don't think under those circumstances it would handle much of that abuse.

9. Willem90

Reputations:
    I handle them with care so I don't worry about the external built quality. I worry more about the internal build quality (usage of paste/glue instead of screws ect)

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    In that case you would be just fine. Just remember that Lenovo warranty pales in comparison to someone like Dell so you will be mailing it and it could be gone for weeks. So if you use it for business I personally would go in another direction. I looked into there at home service which basically covers nothing because if its something like a motherboard which is almost 99% of the machine these days since nothing is removable (GPU or CPU) they require you to mail it in even if you have at home service..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.