Lenovo Y470 and Y570 Official Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by nightspearx, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ekokinex

ekokinex Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The Just Cause 2 Demo is on Steam. It is a decently demanding game and can give you a good idea how powerful your system is.

System Requirements
    Minimum:

OS: Microsoft Windows Vista (Windows XP is unsupported)
    Processor: Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Athlon 64 X2 4200 / Pentium D 3GHz)
    Memory: 2GB System Memory
    Hard Drive: 10GB of free drive space
    Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 256 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce 8800 series/ ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro)
    Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible sound card
    DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 10
    Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz or equivalen
    Memory: 3GB system Memory
    Hard Drive:
    Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 512 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 series/ ATI Radeon HD 5750 series)
    Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card
    DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 10.1

2. peter_chase

peter_chase Newbie

Reputations:
    Are there any instructions to remove the whitelist, modify the BIOS to install a non-lenovo approved wireless card?

I only found information on the S10 and other thinkpad laptops

3. wildcard36qs

wildcard36qs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well I got a RAM upgrade from 4GB to 8GB and it makes a noticeable difference in BF3. Also got the Cooler Master Notepal U2 cooler which is awesome. I play BF3 with most settings High and a couple Ultra with Shadows on Low, AA off and HBAO/SSAO off. Runs average of 30+ fps.

4. avanish11

avanish11 Panda! ^_^

Reputations:
    My current laptop has a 15" 1280x800 screen, and the resolution just doesn't cut it for multitasking, so that's why I wanted a higher res screen. If it's not possible to have both the upgraded screen and the webcam/microphone, then I think I'll go with a different computer. Thanks for the info!

5. mdnoor88

mdnoor88 Newbie

Reputations:
    hi everyone ! im new here and recently buying y570, does anyone have any problem during run window experience index? im trying to run and want to see the score but suddenly it turn off the laptop itself without any warning, i repeat again and problem keep occur, i dont know what to do, but during playing games thw automatic turn off doesnt occur, does my laptop got any problm?anyone can help me?plz?sorry for my bad english

6. jnorman5

jnorman5 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi mdnoor,

This sounds like an overheating issue at first glance. Are the games you are playing require a heavy system loan? When the computer goes through Windows Experience Index testing, it uses 100% of processor capacity so it may be that it will overheat during full load, but your game is not needing enough processor usage to overheat.

Is the bottom of the computer hot when you are testing? That may be another indication. For a more factual approach, download SpeedFan and watch the temperatures as you are gaming or running windows experience testing. Report back what your peak temperatures for your GPU and CPU cores are.

Let me know if you need me to explain anything else and good luck!

7. mdnoor88

mdnoor88 Newbie

Reputations:
    hey thanx for your reply, 1st of all i dont know where to download the fan speed software, but i manage to download gpu gadgets that monitor the graphic card temperature when it reaches 60-65 degree celcius the computer will reset itself, today i try to play need for speed run, about to start the race the laptop shut it self of again, can u tell me what actually the problem is? this is actually happen after i update the graphic card driver, but my frenz also use same laptop as me seem that he doesnt have this kind of problem

8. jnorman5

jnorman5 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Try this link here: http://www.almico.com/speedfan445.exe

The GPU temperature doesn't seem that high but I am still not convinced that the CPU isn't overheating and hitting the kill switch on the laptop. The max CPU temperature is typically around 100 celcius so if it climbs above that, it may turn off your machine.

See what temperatures you get and let us know. Other than that mdnoor, you may have to call Lenovo to get it repaired.

9. sammino

sammino Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I asked a while back about the optimal settings for multiplayer in bf3 for the y570 but i did not find exactly what I was looking for. So you manage to run the game in mutliplayer with a consistent 30+ fps on high settings? Is that smooth enough for multiplayer? I am trying to find the smoothest + highest quality settings i can find for bf3 :)

I have updated my video drivers to the latest. I am not sure I get that high fps.

10. willdunz

willdunz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, How often should I apply new thermal compound on the CPU? I've owned a Y570 (i5 version) for 3 months now, every time I play games, CPU temp goes up to 80-85 degree. Is that too high? should I put on some arctic silver?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.