1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Lenovo Y470 and Y570 Official Owners Thread

Discussion in 'IdeaPad & Essential' started by nightspearx, May 10, 2011.

1. yzaguy

yzaguy Newbie

I have the Y470 too and my original hard drive seems to be failing. (Bluescreen couple of times already). Can you please provide instructions on how you installed mSATA SSD? Also, please let me know if you had to make any configuration changes after the installation to make the SSD work? I am a novice in hardware and is looking for some help.

Thanks!

2. Dragnoak

Dragnoak Notebook Evangelist

My 3 year extended warranty, on my Y470, just ran out. Oh well, I haven't used it in the last 3 years, because she's running just as great today, as the first day I unpacked her! :D

With the Boot Optimizer, my boot times are still under 30 seconds, and no I don't have a SSD, just the 7200 RPM 500gb hard drive. I still have all the (what most of you consider bloatware), Lenovo R.I.C., Smile Dock, VariFace 4.0, YouCam, One Key Theater, installed, but I don't have them in the startup menu. My maximum temps never got above 60C, and my shipped original battery only has 8% wear level.

I've used my Y470 daily. I boot it up around noon, and shut her down at 2 AM. (She never sleeps)
    Here's her Smart Attributes:

HardDriveSmart.PNG

All-In-All I've been very happy with this Y470 machine. I'm not a gamer, but I do a ton of very intensive video editing, satellite tracking, and compiling codes. (Hacking & Cracking). :biggrin:

Some people buy machines to impress their peer group, then they stress the heck out of their GPU/CPU till the MoBo cooks. I buy a machine to get the maximum performance, and longevity, so I don't need to invest another $1,000.00 for a replacement every 1-2 years. :yes:

Jobine likes this.
  3. RJL.89

RJL.89 Newbie

Does anyone know where I can purchase an optical bay faceplate for the Y470? I broke mine when swapping the optical drive, for a sata hard drive bay :(