1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Lenovo Y470 and Y570 Official Owners Thread

Discussion in 'IdeaPad & Essential' started by nightspearx, May 10, 2011.

1. shoeman6

shoeman6 Notebook Consultant

dusty,
    1. no
    2. 2 usb 3 and 1 usb 2 (I think)

2. sammino

sammino Notebook Consultant

no one else having issues with the shipping dates getting pushed out another month?

3. h4lt

h4lt Newbie

I emailed them, as I had a similar issue. Ordered on may 30th w/ an estimated ship date of the June 9th. As of June 8th the estimated ship date was June 30th.

This was their response:

Dear ***,

Thank you for contacting Lenovo.

We apologize. As of now we also have the same date (the week of 30th of June). Please note that the given date is an estimated ship date which has been generated by the system and it is not entirely correct. Right now the Hard Drive is in backlog. I would request you to contact us again after 2 business days and we hope get a better update by then.

4. sammino

you got the rapid drive?

5. h4lt

h4lt Newbie

Yes. I have the same setup as you.

6. sammino

i wonder if i can change my order and not get the rapid drive if it would ship tonight lol like it was suppose to.

7. jpa11

jpa11 Notebook Enthusiast

i thought so called biggest computer maker in china would offer better reliance than this. :eek:

8. jmn11

jmn11 Newbie

Late shipping has been a consistent problem with Lenovo in my experience. It happened with my Thinkpad T61 back in 2008 -- I waited almost two months.

I called a bunch of times and was given a free 3 year next-business day warranty as compensation.

They clearly have some supply chain problems unfortunately.

9. AboutThreeFitty

AboutThreeFitty ~350

The x120e reportedly has such short supplies that it's no longer available. Might* be back in July a sales rep. said. :rolleyes:

10. fractl

fractl Notebook Enthusiast

This is what has me concerned. Dj1001 claims to have been getting 21 fps average with 0xAA and 0xAF while playing Black Ops Campaign, on his i7 Y570. Now I apologize for seeming to speak for him, but I'm really curious if other Y570 owners are having similar experiences (and I'm sure he's really curious as well). Like I said earlier, I like the Y470 for various reasons, but am attracted to the 555M on the Y570. Can't see myself making a decision and ordering until I know what's going on.

To Dj1001: Have you spoken with Lenovo or in any way figured out more about what your problem is? Obviously, from what ruhtraeel reports your Y570 is really underperforming. (Not trying to male you feel bad... just checking to see if anything's been figured out.)

11. crazedaku

crazedaku Newbie

I purchased the Y470 on June 1st and it has shipped as of June 7th. The expected delivery date was listed as June 14th, though that has since disappeared. This will be my first Laptop. I prefer desktop computers but was in need of something mobile for school. The Y470 seemed to have some nice specs at a nice price. I will post impressions when I get the laptop on Tuesday Hopefully.

I will post the basic 3d mark scores if anyone is interested, than get rid of the bloatware and do some optimizations and see what else I get. The newest Pc Game I have is Starcraft 2 so I will post my impressions on how well that runs on the laptop as well.

12. turtlefoodasaurus

turtlefoodasaurus Notebook Enthusiast

Are you guys getting the 2yr warranties or just sticking with the basic? My possible y470 i5 costs $27 for the extra year if i get it, can't decide.

13. jpa11

jpa11 Notebook Enthusiast

if a laptop lasts a year it can usually survive another two

14. patriotgames09

patriotgames09 Newbie

I ordered an I5 y470 on June 1st, when I ordered it said 3 business days shipping, it "shipped" on the 7th, but the tracking number didnt update till 11pm on the 9th, I am supposed to get it on the 14th, hope this helps anyone regarding their shipping dates etc.

15. gioellip

gioellip Notebook Enthusiast

Hey ekokinex! How was your Y570? Mind doing a full review? Searching for reviews anywhere and still cannot find one. And how was the performance of your games? Thank you so much!

16. fractl

fractl Notebook Enthusiast

Notebookcheck posted a new review yesterday of the Y560p (you can check it out on their homepage), and they gave a terrible review the screen. I mean, really bad. Very low contrast, too reflective screen, lousy viewing angles, unusable outdoors.

So, the obvious question is: How do Y470 and Y570 owners feel about their screens? Anyone able to compare with the Y460 or Y560?

17. mddurden

mddurden Notebook Enthusiast

My y570 is on the truck for delivery today. Hopefully I'll be home in time to receive it. I'll post my impressions as soon as I can.

18. shoeman6

shoeman6 Notebook Consultant

@fractl, if it makes you feel any better I would never have purchased the y560 (any model) simply because the build on those particular models are sub-par (imo). Most people have been saying the 570 screen is about average.

19. PChiu

PChiu Notebook Enthusiast

20. PChiu

PChiu Notebook Enthusiast

One more question, owner of Y470 can you tell what is the material of the outside top cover, the Dusk Black cover? Plastic, alumi ?
    How about the inside material, the palm rest area? thanks.