Lenovo thinkpad yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by ctenc001, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevroc

kevroc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So, I'm sitting here at "idle". Actually not even using the laptop, on my desktop at the moment, and I hear the fan kick in at high gear. Check task manager and the CPU is 60%-90% and the temp is 74C. Windows module installer and communication something or other were the high %'s. And I'm not even using it...

My point is, don't be deceived by "idle", your computer can be doing a lot of things you are unaware of at any given moment.

2. ctenc001

ctenc001 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I understand this, and iv'e checked cpu usage when comparing temps. I get what your saying, but I already understand that stuff runs in the background. Right now my CPU Usage is at 5% with 3 tabs in chrome open, hwmonitor, and notepad. My temps are : sitting at 52C. background applications are not my problem.

3. ctenc001

Reputations:
    I tried v062 and it doesnt work for me. Was there some setting you had to change? Or are you using v062xx (one of the custom offshoots to the official release) Ive tried a couple now with no luck,
    Thanks for all your help!

4. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    When the i3 clocks at 800MHz during idle, and the i7 clocks at 800MHz during idle, then how can of them clock 100MHz lower than the other? I must admit, I'm sh** at maths, but I'm good enough to tell that there's no difference between 800 and 800.

It worked without any hiccups on my Yoga. I didn't have to change anything.

5. ctenc001

Reputations:
    Maybe a bios update or something broke compatibility? I upgraded to the latest of everything when I first got the machine.
    WHen I open it, the temp table is blank, doesn't show any active sensors.
    Iv'e gotten a few others to show sensors but the temp is way off. It'll show 80C when hwmonitor shows 50c.

How long does it take to change the fan speed after a manual speed is set? I waited over a minute and nothing on any version.

Edit:
    I also updated to windows 8.1, and noticed it only lists 8 on the website. does it work on 8,1?

6. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    Changing speed takes a few seconds. My Yoga was running Win 8.1, the Yoga doesn't even ship with Win 8 as far as I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.