Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaronv20

aaronv20 Newbie

Reputations:

Lead_org , thanks for all the info. Im curious though. Are you using a wacom pen on the TPY ? Also if several websites and Frys here in are showing the i7 with 8gb ram and 256gb ssd model with a FHD screen wouldnt this mean its the wacom version? Or is the Wacom one completely different? Im thinking about stopping by Fry's tomorrow to test there FHD i7 with 8gb ram and 256gb ssd model using a Microsoft Pro pen (since its wacom). Also under key specs for the Model at frys it says "FHD available with option of combined Wacom" would that mean it wacom version just have to buy the been separate? Maybe thats why yours has the pen spot blocked?

2. chitbit

chitbit Newbie

Reputations:
    Hopefully not a sign of delay for the North America market.. but the sub $2000 models disapeared from the solution book excel files :( Lenovo Solutions Center

3. aaronv20

aaronv20 Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry for the double post. I spoke with a Lenovo rep and they said there will be 2 different variants the "Multitouch" and Outdoor". The Outdoor model will be the only one thats compatible with the Digitizer pen. They also said there Website will begin selling the TPY the first week of December. Gonna keep an eye out for the outdoor model at fry's or amazon...

4. Sher the Love

Sher the Love Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wouldn't hold your breath on what the Lenovo reps say. I've asked the same question multiple times a day on different days (all within the past week) and I've been told they don't know, it should be soon, it should be late November, it should be early December, it should be some time in December ect. ect.

I was just now told mid December.

5. iKazed

iKazed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And I was just told end of November. I was told I can contact a supervisor and I will, regardless of my being 17 years old. I will relay to them their dilema's with hyped releases. Here is my entire chat log with the rep,

6. Sher the Love

Sher the Love Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In Lenovo's defense, it isn't easy to project solid release dates, especially if they're running into production issues. Any manufacturer can be depending on a component that gets delayed and in return delays the ending product. Manufacturing also takes time. There's a reason it's only released in a few countries just as the PS4 launched only in the US this past Friday. The PS4 also happens to be sold out just about everywhere. If Sony could produce more units, it would to make additional revenue, but there are other manufacturers using the same components and production facilities and they will start losing money if they need to out bid another company for these items and space.

Also, if you haven't noticed by the names, the online chat is likely outsourced to countries that are economically poor and poorly trained. The chance of them just making up random dates to flat out lie or to "hype" their product is unlikely.

7. iKazed

iKazed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Assuming a lot of purchased models have been way sub 2 grand, I'm assuming that's without savings that are automatically applied upon release.

But yes, I bet you it is delayed considering no one can give a estimated release date, let alone an estimated release week. "End of November" is too vague. That could mean anywhere from the 15th to the 30th. Considering it's being sent to resellers, I honestly cannot see how they can't at least set up pre-orders on their site.

8. impactblue

impactblue Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone got a link to the discount TPY on the australian student portal?

9. lead_org

lead_org Purveyor of Truth

Reputations:
    Clerish, soul347 and Hodeis like this.
  10. soul347

soul347 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey Lead_org, do you find the FHD unit heavier than the HD version? How do you like the matte finish compared to the high gloss?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.