Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awieise

awieise Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry I don't have time to dig through all the replies in this thread.
    I'm trying to upgrade the WiFi on my thinkpad yoga (digitizer model) from 2.4G only to 5G 802.11 AC. But I'm getting 1802 unauthorized network card error on my generic intel 7260 card. Obviously, thinkpad had locked down network adapter models.

I tried searching for fru list for thinkpad yoga wireless card models but found nothing.

I saw some ebay listings on thinkpad-compatible wireless AC mini-pcie cards, but none of them says anything about thinkpad yoga (20CD model).
    Have anyone successfully upgraded their wireless card? Any suggestions on which model to get? Thanks a lot.

2. awieise

awieise Newbie

Reputations:
    Or anyone with stock wireless ac card bother opening your machine and giving me the model number on your wireless card?

3. hjm

hjm Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You don't need to dig through all the replies in this thread, there's a search function, when you had searched for wireless AC you could have found a possible answer I posted a while ago:

I think you need FRU 04X6010 according to the FRU listing?

04X6010 Intel Wilkins Peak 2 7260 2*2 11ac+BT4.0 HMC Module

http://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/yoga_fru_bom_20140319.pdf

It seems possible to directly order from IBM spare parts:

[​IMG]

4. thewish

thewish Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

No difference, just Office Depot ripping you off :p Best to deal with Lenovo directly

5. Sher the Love

Sher the Love Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is there any way to make the pen require more pressure before it starts inking? I use a surface pro pen that seems to be fine, but the pen that came with the yoga writes about a 16th of an inch before the pen even makes contact. Also, I've noticed the pen sizes in onenote seem to come out much thicker than they have on other tablets. Any way to change that? I end up having to use the smallest size for certain things, but has no pressure sensitivity. Changing the tip feel in the Wacom driver doesn't help.

6. thewish

thewish Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Make sure the Wacom Feel driver is installed. The wacom settings will change the sensitivity quite a lot, you'll notice the difference if it's working. Also some drawing programs have pen pressure sensitivity control options. In photoshop you need to activate the pressure sensitivity on the brush itself to get any feedback. Other programs do not support pressure sensitivity, so make sure that your desired program supports it.

7. Sher the Love

Sher the Love Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the feel drivers installed. If I change the tip feel, it just changed the pressure curve, but not the starting pressure. I only use onenote.

Edit: I ended up playing with the ISD_Tablet.dat file for a while and was able to make it work much better.

8. hjm

hjm Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just had this issue for the first time.

While doing just some surfing my TPY got hot and fan was spinning, looking at CPU Thinkpad OneLink Dock Management (32 bit) was continuously 33% CPU.

I'm not using a OneLink dock so I uninstalled the OneLink dock software, afterwards CPU usage and fan immediately stopped.

9. Tgiordano92

Tgiordano92 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you! Confusing the crap out of me, hahah!

10. Tgiordano92

Tgiordano92 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.