Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corn4ahead

corn4ahead Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I got my TPY from the outlet today and it came with a pen. I thought that meant that it had a digitizer but when I looked in device manager, I didn't see digitizer listed. I saw the pen listed though.

So what does that mean?

2. kevroc

kevroc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Have you tried using the pen on the screen? Does it work? That's the easiest way...

3. kevroc

kevroc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I purchased it private party, through a forum, not the outlet.

It extended it from original purchase date. I'm okay with that. The fact that you can add ADP *after* the fact is a pretty great feature.

I received an email from Lenovo this morning with Warranty info. You go to the link included in the email, put in the Pin Code/Auth Code from the email and confirm you machine type / serial number and the upgraded warranty is applied. I did that this morning and now a couple of hours later it's showing up when I look up my warranty on their website and it's showing in the Windows 8 App under the Lenovo Support App.

4. Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf can i haz broadwell?

Reputations:
  5. corn4ahead

corn4ahead Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Mine has a pen right a red top. It does work. But I didn't see digitizer listed.

6. hydrogue

hydrogue Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well if it has a digitizer pen (it does) and said pen works then clearly it does have a digitizer screen regardless of wherever you can find/identify it in device manager.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

7. corn4ahead

corn4ahead Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well shoot, I guess I got lucky. Any app suggestions that utilize the pen well?

8. phamhlam

phamhlam Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  9. Freelancer27

Freelancer27 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

can you help me verify my thinking here?

I am looking for a thinkpad yoga with digitizer on the outlet. It is a bit hard to get the right information on the outlet website if a model has the digitizer or not.

So what I did is just browse ebay, amazon and also put some configurations on the "main" lenovo website together with models that have the digitizer.

That gave me a bunch of model numbers. Can I be ensured now, that those model numbers have the digitizer 100% (even if it is not stated in the Pointing device section on the Outlet website)?

Thanks.

10. ctenc001

ctenc001 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    can anyone write up a quick tutorial on how to get tpfancontrol to work?
    I've tried v0.62 to no avail, it can't find any active temp sensors. I've also tried all of the other .62XX made for specific machines and some of them find the sensors but the manual fan control does not seem to work, it just switches back to smart after a fwo seconds, so I guess manual is disabled for these versions.
    I also tried the version for the yoga2pro, which finds sensors, and will remain in manual, but again it doesn't appear to be doing anything.
    I've updated all drivers straight from lenovo and am fully updated with windows. Bios is also updated to latest version. If you havent updated bios and have it working, let me know what version you are running please =)

Any help is appreciated!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.