Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orsetto

orsetto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm seeing $1429 on BuyDig for the specs I posted above. No tax outside of NJ. So for just a bit more than the outlet, you get 256GB SSD. I haven't been following pricing on the TPY. IIRC, Lenovo's best prices are before release date. Well, long past that. Now I'm sifting through these 380 pages.... Anyone?

2. Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf can i haz broadwell?

Reputations:
    I'm seeing a couple units (new and used) with similar/better specs on eBay for a little if you're willing to buy from there... I paid $1150 for mine earlier this year, but it was used. I feel the prices have actually gone down since then, but 8GB + digitizer is just expensive/harder to find.

3. Freelancer27

Freelancer27 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the tip.

I am just worried for the warranty on those ebay options. I like the idea to have a better warranty than just the 1 year depot warranty.

Also 8GB, 1080p screen and digitizer are a must have.

Is there a refresh of the notebook in sight for the near future?

4. ctench

ctench Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As long as the unit is still under warranty, which they all should be since it was release less than a year ago unless someone opened up the machine, you can purchase an extended warranty direct from lenovo or from a 3rd party like squaretrade.
    I'm pretty sure lenovo offers the extended warranty even to used units as long as its purchased prior to the warranty expiring.
    Edit: and is it really worth $400+ for a year of warranty? It doesn't cover accidental and the chances of a component failing within the first year are pretty slim.

5. Freelancer27

Freelancer27 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow, if that is true, that changes some things.

So basically if I got a Lenovo machine from ebay that has still warranty on it, I can add Lenovo extended warranty after market?

How can I verify that, that this is true?

6. ctenc001

ctenc001 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Check with a lenovo rep. They have live chat on there website or you can call them.
    The warranty from a 3rd party like squaretrade is a guarantee though.

7. kevroc

kevroc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wow, I never knew that. I did not know you could purchase the extended warranty after the fact. I just went to Lenovo's site, you plug in your Serial Number from your laptop and it comes up with your warranty coverage (mine is 1 year depot) and then lists out your extended coverage options.

I can go to a 5 year depot for $309
    Add 1YR ADP for $59
    etc, etc.

This is great.

Thanks!!

Edit:
    Just ordered the 1YR Onsite + ADP for $79 + tax = $85 total. Not a bad deal since I bought it used and saved a ton on it (got the i7-4600u,8gb,256gb,digitizer, for $999). Even if I decide not to keep laptop the warranty should help the resell value to at least recoup the cost.

8. Commander Wolf

Commander Wolf can i haz broadwell?

Reputations:
    You can still extend the warranty cheaply assuming the original warranty wasn't already upgraded... otherwise you have to pay extra.

9. IndianGuardian

IndianGuardian Newbie

Reputations:
  10. ctench

ctench Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Just to confirm, did you buy it used from the outlet or from ebay/some other source? I'm almost positive it does not matter either way. also did it extend it 1 year from today, or 1 year from purchase date?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.