Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godofwar424

godofwar424 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Unless your using it as a pure laptop and not a tablet. Windows 7 sucks for a hybrid device like this. If I were you I would just install start8 or classicshell. Windows 8 is a much improved Windows 7 and in terms of touch it's years ahead!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2. soul347

soul347 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was in the store once and I got to compare side by side my TPY with the screen protector, and another not digitizer TPY without the screen protector. I can easily say the difference is VERY minimal. The colors are ever so slightly more saturated on the one without the screen protector, but you'll only notice if you are holding them side by side. I personally prefer the screen protector on because they look almost exactly the same, reduces glare, and protects from scratches.

czm2000 likes this.
  3. violet182

violet182 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks soul347.
    I definately wouldn't remove it b4 the surface event anyway. I heard they are releasing a surface pro maxi 13 inch on May 20. Just want to make absolutely sure I bought the best digitizer tablet for me that is available at the moment. The event date will coincide with the end of my 2 week return period. I really love using the tpy in stand mode to draw on though, so as long as they don't have 16gb ram, I think the tpy is best.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

4. czm2000

czm2000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And I think the Stylus writing experience is a bit better with the protector on all so. Does feel like the tip of the stylus is sliding around d on ice.

Sent from my GS4

5. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Is this the best battery life 14+ inch laptop we will have for a long time?

I think I want this device. I just don't want to get the feeling of "oh darn" when something with 14+ inch screen and even better battery comes out right after.

I feel like two 6 cell batteries and you'll never need to plug in all day.

6. godofwar424

godofwar424 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This device is 12.5" not 14 :p

It seems other devices have to many trade-offs :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

7. lakvill

lakvill Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Fellow TP Yoga Owners,

I need your help in a small matter: My screen cracked in a fall and I bought a replacement screen to fix it DIY.

In order to deactivate the internal battery in the BIOS, i have to know where this option can be found. As the screen is dead and external monitor does not start during booting there is no way i can see this option right now.

Your help is appreciated (e.g. a photo of the "Power" Options in the BIOS menu)!

Thank you in advance,
    Stephen

--
    From the Hardware Manual:
    Disabling the built-in battery
    Before replacing any FRU, ensure that you have disabled the built-in battery by doing the following:
    1. Turn off the computer and disconnect the ac power adapter and all cables from the computer.
    2. Turn on the computer. When the ThinkPad logo is displayed, press F1 continuously to enter the
    ThinkPad Setup program.
    3. Select Config ➙ Power. The Power submenu is displayed.
    4. Select Disable built-in battery.
    5. Click Yes in the Setup Warning window, then the computer turns off automatically. Wait three to five
    minutes to let the computer cool.
    The battery will be automatically enabled when the ac power adapter is reconnected to the computer.

8. bbeaver

bbeaver Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I noticed major touchpad lags and unresponsiveness when surfing web with Firefox. This has been a problem for the whole time I have had this laptop. Today I was pulling my hairs because of this. Opera and IE work much better on this area. Scrolling is fast and smooth and it's responsive. Today I was running out of battery and thought I should plug in AC power. After a while I was wondering why is scrolling so smooth in Firefox. No lags at all. It turned out that lag is MUCH greater on battery than when plugged in. Plugging in fixed the whole problem!

Have you noticed something like this? Does anyone know how to fix this? Is threre a power saving setting for touchpad? I need the touchpad to be lag-free and responsive all the time. I would like to be able to use Firefox most of the time. Opera is not that good yet. Thanks if you can help me!

9. czm2000

czm2000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I actually have started using Firefox the most with my TPY. Works really well (very smooth) and while the touch friendliness isn't quite as good as IE, it's a lot better than Chrome. I find it also scales much better than Chrome. I still hope that chrome will make a much more touch friendly version of the desktop version, but until then Firefox is my go to browser. Sucks you're having so much trouble with it.

Sent from my GS4

10. edo101

edo101 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So has Lenovo solved the ghosting and image retention issue I've been hearing? At this point this is the one 2-in-1 that fits all my needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.