Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grassman77

grassman77 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm, that's odd. And your screen rotation still doesn't work, even after doing the update and getting the "STMicroelectronics" thing? One thing you check is in your BIOS it's actually possible to disable the sensor hub. It should be enabled by default, but it's worth checking. Can't remember exactly where it's located, but if you'll know it when you see it.

To be honest, I've also got two "unknown devices" and I have no clue what they are (nor does my computer, apparently). Everything works as it should, as far as I can tell. They were there before the mainboard swap, as well, so it's something else. I suspect it might be related to the OneLink dock... The monitoring app seemed to have a bad memory leak or something as it was eating up > 2GB of RAM while doing nothing. But that's my system, hard to say what's going on with yours! I swear, as many of these computers are out there in the world there seems to be just as many different problems... That said, I still really like this thing, so what can you do?

2. ground_state

ground_state Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Following your directions with the Windows 8.1 Twist Firmware finally fixed my problem! Thank you so much!

I now have "Simple Device Orientation Sensor" and "STMicroelectronics Sensor Hub" under my "Sensor" category in the Device Manager. My monitor now autorotates and the touchpad is disabled when I fold the screen back.

I'm so glad I don't have to send this machine back to Lenovo and wait for two weeks or more.

3. soldier16

soldier16 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Everytime I click on a link- it says the page cannot be loaded, but when i refresh it- it loads. Sometimes I have to refresh the page 3-5 times. This never happened on my old thinkpad. I've updated the wireless driver. Is there something that I should change in the settings of my router? Thanks

4. heavenly_wild

heavenly_wild Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Impressive. Left the Yoga off after charging it to 100%. After 24 hours, no battery drain whatsoever.

5. godofwar424

godofwar424 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah Intel have really done an amazing job with Haswell regarding battery

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

6. infzy

infzy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    This sounds like a browser issue; have you tried a different web-browser? If that works then maybe disable some extensions :D

7. soldier16

soldier16 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried switching browsers, didn't help. any suggestions?

Also, the fan makes a loud noise for like 2-3 seconds. Is this normal?

8. FinkPad

FinkPad Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have three questions

1) what's up with the stylus? Looks nothing like the stylus from X200T, more like stylus from the Samsung galaxy Note mobile phone?!

2) is the battery removable?

3. Is the SSD replaceable?

Thanks.

9. godofwar424

Reputations:
    1. Use another stylus if it's too small, look at the size of the device, they couldn't fit a bigger stylus in it. It's more of an emergency stylus incase you forget your main one.

2. No it isn't, another space saving technique used on a lot of ultrabooks these days, although replacing the battery seems very straightforward.

3. Yes it is but it will void the warranty so if you have to send it off to Lenovo stick the stock ssd/hdd back in :p

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

10. godofwar424

Reputations:
    The fan is on because the cpu is doing something. Try and flush your DNS using ipconfig. Various guides on how to do this all over the internet. Maybe try deleting the wireless info and then reconnecting from scratch as well?

Have you tried the Windows Troubleshooter on the wireless device to see if it finds anything?

Also make sure that your wireless device is automatically getting IP and DNS settings and it hasn't been manually set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.