Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goren

Goren Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I'm trying to choose between a $999 Samsung ATIV 9 Plus (i5, 4gb ram, 128gb sd)
    or spend $200 more for a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro from BB, (i7, 8gb ram, 256gb sd).

now that some time has passed, anyone regret going for the Yoga 2 over the samsung?

2. Goren

Goren Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    double post

3. hotsauce

hotsauce Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. thewish

thewish Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have had no issues when editing photographs, colours are comparable to most non-colour corrected screens imo. Most of these have been edited from .CR2 on my TPY thewish01 | User Profile | Instagrin

5. soul347

soul347 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Been using my TPY for a few months now and loving it. No ghosting issues have yet developed on my model. Heat management is definitely better than the Helix and is generally really good. My fan rarely comes on unless I'm on Skype or doing something with 3D graphics. Even when it gets warm, it is definitely reasonable. I'd say build quality is excellent and solid on my unit.

I actually switched from a Surface Pro 1 to a ThinkPad Yoga. Though the Surface Pro is a great machine in its own right, I discovered that I wanted it to be a laptop, but it was really just a powerful tablet. The Surface Pro lacks a quality keyboard and trackpad, and the screen is smaller. Also since it is a tablet, it is much harder to use in various situations like typing on your lap, using it while sitting in bed, placing it on uneven surfaces, etc. You also cannot adjust the screen angle of the surface to the exact position that you want. The clamshell form factor is just tried and tested and tested and has so many advantages over the tablet form factor when it comes to productivity and use in various situations. If I really wanted a tablet, I'd probably just buy a thin and light windows 8 tablet.

ykvishal likes this.
  6. bbeaver

bbeaver Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you know why Dolby digital plus home theater don't work with newest audio drivers? I'm getting this notification:

[​IMG]

7. D_Toronto

D_Toronto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Finally I got my TP Yoga! I bought from the Microsoft store at a local mall. Earlier posts in this forum were saying none of the yoga models at the MS store have active digitizer. Thanks for the forum user "Sher the Love", I discovered that they carry the digitizer ones now. With student discount (10%), mine came to 989+tax (Canadian dollars). The best deal I was able to get from Lenovo was around 1400 Canadian dollars+tax when they had the spring sale. It's a huge difference! If the configurations on the MS store suit your needs, I'd strongly recommend to buy from them. Mine is this one I believe: Buy Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga Touchscreen 2 in 1, Intel Core i5 - Microsoft Store Canada Online Store. At least the price before discount and the configuration match with the one I bought.

Now I have three questions and I'd be happy if you take the time to reply:

1- I need a mini hdmi to VGA adapter. Does it matter if I buy a cheap one or an expensive one? Any properties I should look for? Any advice for a reasonably priced one?
    2- There was a good pen review link somewhere on the forum but I couldn't find it. Can somebody post it again? Another good review also works.
    3- I'm looking for a sleeve with handle. Someone suggested this: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00D2CR2S6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AR9L7AIBMR7UD. Any other suggestion?

Thank you!

8. infzy

infzy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  9. rabramov

rabramov Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, it's nice to finally get some answers from Mark, however, I wouldn't celebrate just yet - at Dell's XPS12 IR thread there have been announcements of "fixed panel" already, but none of the actual users have reported that the problem was fixed yet.
    I guess we'll wait and see. For now I can live with my TPYs IR, so it's not a pressing issue. In fact OneLink Pro dock's problems and hangs after last BIOS update (which was supposed to fix the dock, but didn't) are much more bothersome...

10. jcil4ever

jcil4ever Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi again,

Has anyone had any issues with sleep/standby? I've had some issues where occasionally the TPY crashes when I put it to sleep and others where the battery will completely drain from 100% overnight on sleep. Does anyone know any tools that can pinpoint troublesome drivers? I feel like I once saw a utility that could identify if a driver was causing the computer to be slow going to sleep, but can't find it anywhere. For what it's worth, I have all of the options on Intel Smart Connect turned off.

Appreciate any help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.