Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eljer

eljer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When I needed my keyboard replaced, they said they could send someone out in a week and a half. I decided to just bring it to them that day; which then took them a week and a half to do the service...unless I paid $30 for same day "expedited service" which I view as a kind of extortion. In hindsight, it would have been better to do the in call service as I would have at least had the laptop.

I had a similar issue with my system board replacement, except it was 3 weeks they had my machine. I complained to lenovo, but this is the only authorized service place for 50 miles.

2. soul347

soul347 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Try resetting any calibration information for pen and touch to see if that helps the situation at all. If it doesn't, you may have a faulty Wacom panel. By the way a scratch in the matte finish shouldn't mean anything as it is only a screen protector, unless something scratched deep on to the glass itself, but I'm sure it would be noticeable if that were the case

3. infzy

infzy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Could someone with image-retention on their TPY (mild or severe) please post a video of it? I would really like to see the extent of how it appears. I would really like to buy a Panasonic MX3 (import from Japan) but it probably uses the same 12.5" 1920x1080 LG panel, so I'm worried about the IR and wondering how it typically manifests. Thanks!

4. xera

xera Newbie

Reputations:
    Does that work? Or will I just get another panel that shows ghosting after a while?

Also, is there a panel version known to work? Could someone who doesn't experience ghosting post the model number of their panel? It would be nice if it's possible to request a specific model as a replacement.

5. Zero000

Zero000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Even though all the AH-IPS panels used are the same model (no new model was sighted for the Yoga yet) , they all don't exhibit the same ghosting or image retention issues. One panel could seem fine while another could have a noticeable image retention problem that could easily be noticed.

BTW , Lenovo isn't Apple.

When the MacBook Pro Retina first came out , a lot of people had image retention issues. Some of them got their AH-IPS panel replaced by a PLS panel instead but that's because Apple uses LG and Samsung panels and not just LG panels for the MacBook Pro Retina ( original 15" at least).

6. Ax_13

Ax_13 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Besides it is not sure if and when it will occur (in the worst case it's only a question of the letter). On my xps12 (same problem) it started only after six months. On my first TPY screen it started after maybe 4-6 weeks. On my second TPY Screen it was visible from the beginning. And Lenovo is now silent for four weeks.

7. KrisWood

KrisWood Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In the last couple days two users on the Lenovo forums have posted workarounds they say worked for them to at least partially resolve their ghosting issues. Could some of you with image retention try these out and report on whether they worked for you?

I can't figure out how to link directly to the posts so I'll link the pages and quote them here.

Method 1: ICC Profile Calibration

Method 2: Color Cycling Screensaver

godofwar424 and BugFreeWin like this.
  8. yoshi4

yoshi4 Newbie

Reputations:
    My TPY no longer responds to the power button. Somebody please help.

A week ago, I got my TPY with 1TB HDD & 16GB M.2 SSD. It worked fine and satisfactorily.
    My only complaint was the rather slow response of the HDD, so I purchased Samsung 840EVO SSD, cloned the HDD to the SSD using Samsung software, replaced the HDD with the SSD, and took the M.2 SSD out. The problem is, after those procedure, TPY does not respond at all to anything I do, including pushing the power button, resetting by the emergency reset button on the back, disconnecting and connecting the ac power adapter, and so forth. I put the HDD and the M.2 SSD back into it, but no change.

I don't think I did anything wrong EXCEPT I forgot to disable the built-in battery before the replacement, which I had to do according to the maintenance manual... Can this be a cause of any fatal problem to the motherboard or something?

Anyone has an idea what I can do before I send it for repair? I appreciate even a tiny hint. Thanks in advance.

9. eljer

eljer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sounds to me like something got disconnected when you had it open. Double check that all cables are plugged in fully. When I put an EVO in mine back in December I didn't disable the built in battery, so I don't think it would be that.

yoshi4 likes this.
  10. Ax_13

Ax_13 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, it helps at the beginning. Changing the color-settings reduces the Ghosting. It's not new. See

Severe burn-ins on Helix - Page 10 - Lenovo Community

But since the ghosting is getting worse over time it's just a Problem shift in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.