Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero000

Zero000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    edit: delete

2. Zero000

Zero000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    12% is a small step up from the typical 10% off which is pretty much normal with something like Barnes and Nobles gold every day of the week.

I wouldn't buy a Yoga if I only got 12% off.

The discounts on the 500 GB HDD and 8 GB upgrades are gone and I doubt they will put them back since I called customer service when I noticed they were taken off.
    Keep in mind that some people got better discounts than what I'm showing below.

Attached Files:

3. barfarf

barfarf Newbie

Reputations:
    Soul347 – Thanks for the insights on the MS Store. I saw several pages back that users purchased HDD and upgraded to SDD for a big savings. Sadly, I don’t know if Lenovo will have the HDD back in their online store.

KrisWood – Good call, I just signed up for the newsletter. Let’s hope for another sale soon with tax day or maybe Easter.

4. Zero000

Zero000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you check this site?
    https://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary...dAffinityPortal/en_US/Lenovo:EnterStdAffinity

5. sean85

sean85 Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine arrived last week and I really can't fault it, wonderful bit of kit. Only thing is mine shipped with a "stuck" pixel (Stuck is where I think it's just a pixel stuck on a different colour, on mine it's blue)...

I've attached a photo 20140322_075903.jpg Did anyone else's ship with stuck pixels and what's Lenovo's general policy? Could I just send it back for different reasons i.e. I just don't want the laptop anymore. It's not a massive deal but when you spend over £1,200 on equipment you expect it to at least be in perfect condition....more annoying than anything else...

P.s. Anyone ever tried one of the youtube videos that apparently remove stuck pixels?? If I can do it myself then even better!

Thanks guys

6. barfarf

barfarf Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Zero00!!!! Your link saves me about 10% once I signed up with my .edu email address. Also that deal you got looks pretty sweet. Too bad the HDD configurations as you are said are gone. :(

I was browsing Browse Discount Laptops & Laptops for Students - K-12 & College | Lenovo | (US) which only showed a saving of about 5%. If there is a sale in the next month I will use your link instead to stack with the student discount..

7. FatCatMaximus

FatCatMaximus Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

I just got my Thinkpad Yoga on Friday, and must say I'm very happy with it!

One small problem I am having though is the pen input intermittently not responding correctly to being touched to the screen.

To try and explain it better: The problem would occur while I was drawing in Inkscape/GIMP. I would be drawing, and after what seemed a random number of strokes (it never stopped working mid-stroke), when I would touch the pen to the screen again, it would not register the touch correctly but the cursor would still move. In Inkscape it just wouldn't draw, and in GIMP the tool would flicker rapidly between the current tool and the tool selected for touch input (as if it was getting confused between the input being pen or touch)

I thought it was a software thing until I noticed a super thin scratch in the matte layer (very hard to see unless looking very closely). Upon testing, it seems the pen input only mucks up after passing over that scratch.

Google tells me a few people have had issues with their pen scratching the matte layer, has anyone else had scratches interfering with their pen input?

EDIT: A couple other small details - the issue seems to occur if the pen is lifted from the screen in the vicinity of the scratch, not just passing by over the scratch

8. Sher the Love

Sher the Love Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a light scratch on mine from the pen as well. Kind of irritating, but at least it's the matte layer and not the actual glass.

Edit: because it's a removeable matte layer

9. rabramov

rabramov Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can always wait a couple of weeks for the ghosting to show up and then have them replace the panel ;-)

10. rabramov

rabramov Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had the same problem - high CPU usage and memory footprint. I've just killed the process and then ended up uninstalling the OneLink package completely. There might be some newer drivers in the package, but I haven't felt any difference, as for the process itself - it's an app that sits in the tray and shows you when OneLink dock is connected (duh) and provides a couple of shortcuts to system settings. Or, in other words - useless piece of bloatware that does not provide any real functionality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.