Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dharrma

Dharrma Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, does anyone else has had a problem with hdmi output? I got my thinkpad yoga couple of months ago and I used it with a cheap hdmi to mini hdmi converter to connect to my AOC display, but after some time it just stopped working and Im not sure if its software problem or hardware. Tried getting on ebay a hdmi to mini hdmi cable so i dont have to use converter but it didnt work either. Does anyone know how to deal with this because without hdmi it pretty bad when I wanna work on bigger projects.

2. soul347

soul347 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just tried using the extension cable to connect the wireless dongle to the dock, and my wireless mouse works perfectly now, so you're theory is indeed correct. Thanks for the tip!

3. soul347

Reputations:
    My hdmi mini works properly, but I notice the cheap hdmi to mini hdmi adapter I bought from china has a shorter male point, making the connection more loose and less reliable. So I have to play around with it and keep it still in order to maintain connection. Try playing around with it to see if the monitor will at least connect. If after doing this it doesn't work at all, then maybe you have a fried mini hdmi port, and you'll have to send it in for warranty, which is quite a pain.

WP_20140321_09_24_45_Pro.jpg
    Here in this picture you can see the difference between the length of the cheap mini hdmi adapter I bought from china and my other more reliable adapter. In fact I bought 6 of those cheap ones from china, and one of them doesn't work at all unless I really fiddle around with it, but as soon as I let go, the connection is lost.

wilkster likes this.
  4. grassman77

grassman77 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good, glad to hear. I know I saw a few people reporting such issues in the Lenovo "network flapping" forum, so odds are this was their problem (completely separate than the ethernet issue). Clearly Lenovo completely dropped the ball on properly shielding the OneLink.

5. Dharrma

Dharrma Newbie

Reputations:
    At first it started glitching(losing connection sometimes) so I had to move it around but after that it just stopped working at all. How could I check if my hdmi then is fried? Because I bought my laptop in different country that Im now and Im not going back for some time so any fixes that involve not sending for warranty would be better.
    And the converter was a bit flimsy at the start. :(
    Does the fix that involves removing bit of rubber of the end of hdmi connector would work? im gonna try that today with my other cable that I got later and didnt work at all.

6. hjm

hjm Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think you need FRU 04X6010 according to the FRU listing?

04X6010 Intel Wilkins Peak 2 7260 2*2 11ac+BT4.0 HMC Module

http://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/yoga_fru_bom_20140319.pdf

It seems possible to directly order from IBM spare parts:

[​IMG]

7. eljer

eljer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got Amazon.com: Belkin B2b064-c00 13-Inch Sleeve Laptop/Chromebook - Black (B2B064-C00): Computers & Accessories and love it. The first couple times using it, it was a little snug (had to pull the zippers over the last corner to get it to zip closed) but it got better over time and now fits like a glove. It has a pocket that can hold the power adapter or a mouse but really is more meant for dongles/stylus'/etc. It also has a small handle that pulls out of the long side which makes it real convenient to carry. It has a bad review but thats just from someone with a computer that didn't fit. I bought it maybe 2 months ago and still am happy.

8. soul347

Reputations:
    I'd rather not try removing a bit of the rubber as that might create some risks. If I were you, I'd try to find a better quality adapter in store with a longer male insert. You can also find some online. If even then you can't get it to work at all no matter how you try to move it around, then I'd guess it's not working anymore. There is a slight chance it would be software related, in which a complete factory reset might fix it, but this would be my last resort.

9. Innermoon

Innermoon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow, 144USD, that is a bit too much for me. I will take it if it is around $60-80.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I guess I can try one more from ebay, after all, the first one just have Bluetooth problem, I can POST and wifi worked, maybe I got a bad one.

10. eljer

eljer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had my system board replaced as well, as a result of taking my laptop in after having a battery issue (back a few pages), and I don't often open it up in tablet mode so I hadn't tried it until yesterday. I have the exact same problem. When I flip the screen back, the lift-and-lock keys work, but the lights on the keyboard are still on and the trackpad is functional.
    The screen also doesn't auto rotate either for me, no matter what the rotation lock setting is at. Using the ctrl-alt-arrow works, but if I accidentally hit the windows key next to the monitor, it goes back into the "normal" landscape mode as if I were using the laptop as a laptop.
    I hesitate to take it back to the place that services lenovos around me, as both times I've gone there have been bad experiences. Maybe I'll try the in home service so I'm not without my computer for all that time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.