Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ax_13

Ax_13 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's not quite right. On my previous machine (XPS 12 with a similar panel) i noticed the ghosting only after 6 month. But from some point of time it was rapidly getting worse. So I fear there ist no easy way to say if and when it will occur.

2. Sher the Love

Sher the Love Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just picked up an i5 128SSD 4GB with digitizer at the Microsoft Store for $990 with student discount! I had been wanting to get one of these since it was announced but was out of my price range. I settled on a Surface Pro 2 a couple weeks ago and exchanged it today. It's odd that the MS store had the non-digitizer version for $1200 a few months ago and now they have the digitizer version for $100 less.

3. HPVD

HPVD Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi

has anybody heard any announcements regarding new thinkpad yoga variants or new features in it at Cebit 2014 Exhibition last week in Hannover, Germany?
    Still dreaming of having UMTS/LTE in thinkpad yoga...

bcause I really do not like the glossy screen on T904

4. rabramov

rabramov Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just an FYI - the checkerboard pattern test does not stress the panel - it simply shows a static image for 10 minutes and then switches to a uniform gray background. Technically, it's no different than leaving you computer at the desktop or start screen for 10 minutes. The test just makes it easier to notice the retention and provides some common grounds for comparison.

If you are trying to avoid this kind of "stress" then you should probably only use external monitor and stop using TPY's screen all together ;-) That said, based on the information available on the forums, retention severity might actually be related to panel's age (i.e. - time passed since it was manufactured) and not how much it was used...

5. unwichtig

unwichtig Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    BUMP.

In addition to that, i have another issue:

Sometimes when open my laptop from sleep, the mouse (trackpoint and touchpad) doesn't work. I then have to put the laptop to sleep and awake it again for the mouse to work again. This is kind of annoying, does anyone know how to make this bug go away? (FYI: when connecting an external mouse, this external mouse works. So it is really a problem of the track point and touch pad).

6. BugFreeWin

BugFreeWin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  7. ZakaYaka

ZakaYaka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The question though which I still have is will ALL panels eventually get image retention? Do I have a chance of getting one with a panel which will only get noticeable image retention in 5 years?

8. jcil4ever

jcil4ever Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I think you can disable the buttons if you install the Wacom Feel driver. Once installed, go to the "Pen Tablet Properties" Control Panel, where you can select the function of the buttons, including a disable option:
    Picture1.png

9. godofwar424

godofwar424 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think its definitely possible, I mean some people get it within 2 weeks and I haven't seen any ghosting after 2 months of constant use everyday. So based on that there's a very good chance I won't see any ghosting for a year maybe more. I mean nothing can happen to the panel that hasn't already (heat up cycles etc.) So I can't imagine what could change the screens behaviour etc. Besides some kind of degradation within the screen but that seems a bit extreme.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

10. godofwar424

godofwar424 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hmm, they would fit and work. I wonder if they are any good? By nice to install some games on a desperate SSD to keep my main one free. Games are big :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.