Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itinerator

itinerator Newbie

Reputations:
    That's what I kind of thought... Which was why I was more aiming at: Do they have a way to know every modification that happened to a particular laptop. What if the SSD just happens to be there. Like "I cannot confirm nor deny that this SSD was installed by a certified Lenovo technician".? To be fair, Lenovo Austria sell 840 Pro and Evo 840 and offer to install them for EUR 36. Even including "imaging the drive using the included Samsung software". (I am doubtful that that'd work, from what I heard re UEFI) but hey, if they brick it, they bricked it. right?

2. pepper_john

pepper_john Notebook Deity

Reputations:

No I don't think so. Actually a guy (a lawyer by his admission) once commented in lenovo forum that as long as you don't break anything it will be hard for lenovo (or anything OEM) to refuse warranty services.

godofwar424 likes this.
  3. rabramov

rabramov Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. rabramov

rabramov Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think X220 is more compact than TPY, but I never used X series, so I can't compare. As for TPY vs T904 in terms of physical size Fujitsu is only about 0.2" larger in width and 0.5" in depth and it's thinner and lighter, so I doubt the difference will be noticeable.
    Then again - I never thought I'd feel the difference between 12.5" and 13.3", but now when I've tried both - I certainly do...

5. yogibatt

yogibatt Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi amirvf,
    How did you clone your drive using EaseUS? Did you clone all 5 original partitions in the TPY? I tried doing this, EaseUS wouldn't let me clone 5 partitions so I only cloned 4 (skipped the 128MB partition). Tried the new drive this morning and it wouldn't boot. Said there was something went wrong during Startup (unrecognized boot device). Did you do anything to make the Windows partition bootable aside from marking it as Active in EaseUS? Thanks for any help!

6. yogibatt

yogibatt Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, would you mind sharing the details of how you cloned your drive using EaseUS? Thanks a lot!

7. thewish

thewish Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Canadian Prices did increase, but only by $100 due to the lower dollar value. The TPY's are now included in Lenovo's weekly sales, this one running until March 12 gives you12% off, which is exactly the same as the 12CLOSE#### codes used to. If you want it cheaper, go to the US, find some one dumb enough to trade CAD for USD at par, buy it there, then smuggle it across the boarder.. or find a way to bring our dollar back up to par. Even with the price increase, this laptop is more than worth it in my opinion :D

8. czm2000

czm2000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And now I just get an email from Lenovo that the order I cancelled just shipped. LOL! I couldn't get one to save my life for weeks and weeks and now I'll have two of them.

Sent from my GS4

9. Zero000

Zero000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Lenovo is still learning from Apple so they should eventually get around to fixing that issue.

10. D_Toronto

D_Toronto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No, it increased by $250 for the configuration I looked for, I'm pretty sure. It was 1299 when I first started looking. Now it is 1549 without the discount, 1363 with the discount. I really wish I bought when it was 1299, I even had a 10% coupon which made it $1169. Now of course I don't want to pay extra $200 for the very same product. I understand the $100 increase due to the lower dollar value but we also pay much higher taxes than US. With current prices, it's actually more than 100 dollar cheaper if my friend in Iowa buys it for me due to the huge difference in tax.

That aside, I really care about the customer service. What I experienced was no where close to the service you should get when you're willing to pay this much money. I'm really disappointed. I'll keep waiting either for a better discount or another product by another company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.