Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godofwar424

godofwar424 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The higher resolution is actually a useless feature, anything above 1080p on anything 13.3" and under is just useless, Windows doesn't scale well and the TPY is about my limit for pixel density, any higher resolution would drive me insane, I don't like using anything other then 1:1 scaling for Desktop as otherwise things look blurry tome no matter what fixes I have tried. I admit the IGZO will most likely be a much better quality screen but I mean that is more important for people who edit photos due to colour issues. For all other uses the TPY screen is actually very vibrant and nice for general use.

The better battery life is subjective, no tests have actually been done but seeing as the i5 TPY gets me through 8-9 hours of word, note taking and web browsing I struggle to see the T904 doing much better. According the Fujitsu the battery life is only 8.5 hours, same figure I achieve with the TPY.

The last two points are valid, but not such a big deal to me, I have a car charger for my TPY and the actual mains charger is so small I carry it around anyways so swapping batteries wouldn't really be something I care for. Of course to each his own but I just can't seem how those points are worth $800. not to mention the T904 is only up to Wireless N whereas the TPY comes with the option for AC (futureproofing)

The Fujitsu data sheet only mentions 1 DIMM slot.

Also on Fujitsu T904 main page it states only one DIMM under the Technical Specifications

2. xxvietxjustinxx

xxvietxjustinxx Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey I have a couple of questions for you pertaining to the TPY but I can't PM yet. Do you mind PMing me?

3. xxvietxjustinxx

xxvietxjustinxx Newbie

Reputations:
    Also, does anybody have any suggestions on what apps to use with the TPY? I bought my version from Costco and I feel like I'm missing out on the true capabilities of this machine in terms of touch. I haven't really found any metro apps that I like nor have I found any regular programs that makes the touch screen worthy of usage. I wish I could take notes but I can't.. :(

4. ranjitvp

ranjitvp Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks a ton, you really made my decision easier... was kinda straddling the fence on spending 1400$ based on some of the bugs reported. I'm a pilot in the military, and having a rugged construction is kind of essential for all the places I keep travelling to. Ghosting and minor dead zone issues does not matter since I basically need the digitiser for taking notes and memos. Planning to order it today, lets see when it arrives!

5. godofwar424

Reputations:
    Well you can still get a Capacitive stylus and download the OneNote app in the Windows Store for free.

There's also all the stock apps like mail and news, Facebook and twitter apps a pretty good as well as the metro internet explorer.

It really depends on what sort of apps you want, for games I have Asphalt 8, Hill Climb Racing, ARMED, Microsoft Mahjong and Solitaire, Microsoft Pinball FX.

FreshPaint is pretty good as well as the a kindle app.

What sort of apps are you looking for??

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

6. czm2000

czm2000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The top is not carbon fiber. It is also made of a magnesium alloy. But yes, the TPY is built like a tank and the build quality is fantastic.

Sent from my GS4

7. hjm

hjm Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    To be specific, according to the Product Specifications Reference:

Display cover: Magnesium and Aluminum + Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)
    Bottom: Magnesium and Aluminum + Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)

8. godofwar424

Reputations:
    Ahh, I thought the top was made using CFRP seeing ad there's a slight flex in the top casing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

9. czm2000

czm2000 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Right. That's why I added alloy :) But the point was it's not carbon fiber anyway you slice it :)

Sent from my GS4

10. itinerator

itinerator Newbie

Reputations:
    So, a rep from an Austrian Lenovo reseller claimed to me that swapping the HDD for SSD will void my warranty. I am just wondering, do they ever check? Is there a central database where FRU updates are fed into? To be clear, I currently live in the US but might relocate Europe-wards some time in the future, so playing with getting a 3y-warranty extension + ADP. But if swapping the harddrive voids that, there'd be no point, right? Also would it void the warranty on all of the computer or just the HDD?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.