Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Newbie

Reputations:
    Look above, I edited my last post.

2. itinerator

itinerator Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!

I'm interested as well. I don't live anywhere close to D.C. though (West Tennessee). Would be willing to send you a shipping label! I presume Lenovo's warranty is attached to the machine rather than the buyer? Have you unboxed the TPY yet?

As a longtime lurker on this forum and this thread (I read every single post of it), I wanted to say thank you to everybody for this thread and the massive amount of information it provided! :thumbsup:

3. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Newbie

Reputations:
    I do not have it yet. It should be here by the 11th, according to the tracking. I do not plan to open the box. I have no idea if the warranty transfers. If it does not, I will just return it to Lenovo. I wouldn't recommend anyone purchase a laptop new with no warranty.

If the hard drive configurations come back, I would suggest you order direct from Lenovo. The only reason I am offering this laptop to anyone else is so someone can get the good deal that only a few of us were privy to when the HDD option was available.

4. roby827

roby827 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    From all of my experiences with ThinkPads, the warranty is tied to the machine, not the purchaser. I have purchased second-hand ThinkPads before, and gotten warranty service on them. All I've needed in the past is the machine type and serial number.

5. edfungus

edfungus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    15% off with coupon code SPRING

6. rabramov

rabramov Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you get the T904 directly from Fujitsu? If I may ask - how much did you pay, what's the config?
    Once you get it - could you post your impressions at http://forum.notebookreview.com/fujitsu/738118-fujitsu-lifebook-t904-10.html - I'm wondering how it holds up against TPY.

7. rabramov

Reputations:
    I believe the stock SSD on TPYs is an OEM variant of the 840 non Pro version - at least that's what the part number suggests (Pros are MZ-7P, Evos are MZ-7TE and plain 840s are MZ-7TD and my TPY stock SSD model is MZ7TD256HAFV)

8. godofwar424

godofwar424 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Really? When I Google the code awhile back it came up with the 840 Pro OEM. Regardless Samsung SSD's all seem to have the same power efficiency which is a good thing, the only difference is speed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

9. Deanwvu

Deanwvu Newbie

Reputations:
    LIFEBOOK T904, UB,CORE i5-4300U,8GB,500GB HYBRD+16GB CACHE,13.3WQHD,NO 4G,INTEL WLAN(AGN), BT,FHD CAM,65W 3-pin,3YEAR,vPRO,US,BL,KB,WIN7PRO(64 BIT),DG,RDVD WIN8.1

That is offered for $1999.99 on the US website. I got a 5% student discount. Price to my door was around $2012.

That config is offered as a stock config. It's pretty much the same stats as I ordered with my TPY.

Sure, I will give my impression of the machine. I don't consider myself good at hardware reviews, and I can hardly compare the T904 to the TPY if I don't use the TPY. I am betting I will think what I have already estimated--the T904 is a better machine, and I am paying for it (the difference, I mean).

10. rabramov

Reputations:
    Yep, I've seen references to it as both pro and non-pro on different sites, but based on the part numbers I believe it is a regular, non-pro versions.

As for power consumption - when idle they are indeed very close, however under load there can be as much as 1W of a difference between 840 non-pro and 840 Pro/Evo (which are very close) - I'm using anandtech's review for reference: AnandTech | Samsung SSD 840 EVO Review: 120GB, 250GB, 500GB, 750GB & 1TB Models Tested.
    There might be differences between OEM and non-OEM versions, though...

godofwar424 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.