Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_sarge

mr_sarge Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered mine vie a Lenovo sale rep here at Lenovo Canade on 11/26 and they emailed me yesterday to tell me the shipping date was 12/23 :(

2. susdev

susdev Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got an email in the UK from the lenovo store to say my TPY has been shipped.

3. ibmthink

ibmthink Notebookcheck Deity

Reputations:
  4. arpsh

arpsh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are you from the UK or Ireland? Digital River, who handle Lenovo orders here in the UK, don't seem to provide the same level of information as people in the US and Canada get. Mine also just says 'Order in Process', although they did email me a week or two ago to inform me of the intial delay, and gave an estimated dispatch of the 9th (ordered on 20th Nov).

This is good news, and would suggest that they are back on track. Hopefully I will get a similar email soon!

5. beexsama

beexsama Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If you are in the US and ordered from Lenovo's website they should give you an order number.

https://ovp.lenovo.com/lenovo-ovp/public/showDetail!publicStatusIndex.action

Plug that order number in the site above and it should give you a status. I can't say if it works for other countries. My item actually shipped on the 6th like the estimate, even though originally it was set for the 2nd. I just hope customs does not take forever. If everything goes well, I'll have it by the end of next week. *fingers crossed* I'll post a mini review once I get the unit.

I hope that is just a bad estimate, and you will get your unit before x-mas :) As reference I ordered on 11/21 and it shipped 12/6. I live in the States.

6. akarls

akarls Newbie

Reputations:

Tremendously, thanks so much. Would this be a rather simple task? or does it involve taking many parts away to get to it?

7. beexsama

beexsama Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The TPY innards is secured with a few phillips screws. After removing the screws you can expose the motherboard. Take out the antennae, remove the card and replace. The wireless card looks like it goes into a standard PCIe slot.

Please refer to

RTPW1230_ThinkPad_YogaUltrabook

Under FRU videos find Wireless Lan Card.

Disclaimer. I do not know if this will void any warranties. It is technically an FRU which means end-users are not suppose to replace it. But they list the SSDs/HDDs as a FRU too sooooo.....yeah.....I wouldn't worry too about getting in there and replacing parts as I need.

8. wka

wka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered mine on 11/20. Initial ship date was 12/02 but that was pushed back to 12/08 with an estimated arrival date of 12/15. I just received email confirmation today that the laptop has been shipped with an estimated arrival date of 12/12. One more week to go!!

9. trentb

trentb Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In this page, the SSD and HDD are optional service CRU's meaning if you made a warranty claim you could choose to install it or have a tech do so:

System Service Parts - ThinkPad S1 Yoga

10. beexsama

beexsama Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks trentb.

That is good information. Sigh...if only the ram wasn't soldered on. I hope I don't regret the 4gb of ram.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.