Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. night3

night3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, I both codes 10CLOSE1125 and 12CLOSE0624 do NOT work anymore on US store!

Do you have other codes? What should I do?

2. night3

Reputations:

Talked to US sales rep. Told me that were no deals for thinkpad yoga.

That's so great, they fix the black hole issue and stop giving deals.

I wouldnt like to lose 200$ in a week! Cause last week a simulated a purchase and the code worked.

If you guys managed to get yourselves another code, PLEASE share it with me!

3. frederini

frederini Newbie

Reputations:
    That is the question ;) If it is so, that there are not two different hardware versions, then these new TP Yogas, which are being sold already with the new firmware installed should also have the area with slight distortion located in the same coordinates as on the "older" TP Yogas, how it has been identified by that guy, who installed the new firmware and still sees not 100% straight lines.. But how come, there were also some TP Yogas sold before the firmware update was released and still they were not affected by the digitizer problem ?

4. mr_sarge

mr_sarge Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does someone know if the CPU throttle in tablet mode like the Yoga Pro 2 ? I just ordered the 20C0001BCA and hope it'S as fast in tablet mode than in laptop mode...

5. cbracer

cbracer Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm most interested in using it for cache only, so nothing bigger than 32GB. I have a similar setup with a SSD and a smaller chache only one on my desktop computer and I really like it. I wish there was more documentation on how to get the thing all installed and working. Curious how the computer knows it's only for cache and not files and how that all works. I'd have though it would have been just another interface for another internal drive.

6. cbracer

cbracer Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just updated my order to change from 4GB to 8GB. She did have to cancel my old one and create a new one. Interesting note was that she WAS able to add in the WIN 8.1 PRO option manually. She said Lenovo removed the PRO option about a week ago across the entire line of thinkpads. Seems strange as businesses need the PRO option often for the domain requirement. She also kept my original 12% discount since the first order had that on it. phew...... :) ship date of 12/11 now instead of my old order which was 12/9 which originally was 12/3. I also ordered a OneLink dock from BHphoto only to now return it and wait for the OneLink PRO which has the video output options I want.

7. nomailing

nomailing Newbie

Reputations:
    Please can someone check if the digitizer is working in linux. thank you!

8. Immo63

Immo63 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys!

I have my TPY in use now for about two weeks. My device was also affected by the "black hole" issue. The fix however drastically improved the accuracy in this area.

I have 2 questions however:

1. Does somebody else notice "ghosting"/"image retention" on their device? I switched from a DELL Xps12 because it had this issue but now it looks like the lenovo is also affected :(... To check if your device also deals with this issue, simply switch your desktop background color to a dark grey and have a look at a bright website for a few minutes. When I do this, my browser some sort of "burns in" and is still visible on the desktop/screen later after I close the window. Very unsatisfiyng as this was the main reason why i switched from the XPS12 to the TPY in the first place :(

2. Isn't there some sort of display protection on the screen already? Noticable at the corners or when you have a look at the "circle" around the webcam... (I have the i7 digitizer version with 256gb ssd and 8gb ram).

If you have any questions on my device or especially on the comparison to the xps 12 feel free to ask!

Cheers

9. night3

Reputations:
    Guys, confirm this please:

All shipping dates for US order start on 12/11? Meaning actually that none is getting theirs before 12/16?

10. beexsama

beexsama Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Origin Time

Ship Date 12/06
    Delivery Date 12/13

These are all just estimates so I always take it with a grain of salt. Can be sooner, might be later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.