Lenovo Thinkpad X120e User Review

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by MidnightSun, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outlanderboi

outlanderboi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Performance has been quite impressive, loading times for most programs are actually almost at par with my i7 powered laptop.

Played a couple of games like BF2 and COD4 and it was still playable (both on its default settings)

Lenovo's reputation for great keyboards continues on with this laptop.

Gigabit ethernet, HDMI and a Always On USB port are really nice bonuses.

A few notes:
    1. avoid moving it around when playing movies or any disk intensive activity, the Airbag protection seems to kick in quite a lot.
    2. it does sometimes lag when opening programs which rely heaviliy on Java such as LibreOffice.
    3. While the x120e displays great build quality all-around, I already lost one of the rubber feet on the battery's underside.
    4. interstingly enough Virtualization is turned off by default in the BIOS
    5. its a pain in the a** to install bluetooth if you havent included it as an option
    6. Upgrading the LAN card is also a pain since Lenovo only allows its own branded cards or a very expensive Broadcom card. Even after cleaning out the whitelist, these is no guarantee that your new card will work.

A great value when I bought it for $400 (inclusive of taxes).

2. lnandu

lnandu Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey

I got the x121e with AMD e-450 and 4go ram this morning for 360 euros.(!) Even with a normal HD it runs very well.Like my 2009 core2duo macbook.
    No real slow down so far for ms office and firefox stuff.
    Cant believe apple sells a netbook 2-3 times so expensive with 2 go ram.
    Really great for that price amazing!

I heard complains about the noise and the bad touch pad but for me it's okay. I love the red nipple anyway.Its very subjective.

Keyboard rocks!!!

Cu

EDIT I run the windows scoring thing and the weakest "link" in my machine is by far the processor: 3.9.
    I was expecting more because the system is very reactive. Well...
    I think there isn't that much difference between an E-350 and E-450....

3. OhPascal

OhPascal Newbie

Reputations:
    Where did you get your e450 Thinkpad from ?

4. FrankWV

FrankWV Newbie

Reputations:
    I have encountered the same issue with both the X120E and the X100. Try updating the BIOS. Also check your BIOS settings that that it is looking for Legacy too.

5. FrankWV

FrankWV Newbie

Reputations:
    They are great Netbooks. The only issue I see and it is with the X100connector as well, is the connector that holds the ribbon cable for the keyboard works loose. It is an easy fix. Actually IBM sent out a upgraded connector that you could install because they had some many complaints. What I would do if this ever happens to you or someone else, is when you encounter this, and you just want to use the original connector, is to use a little glue (a small hot glue gun works well) and lace a drop on each corner of the connector once you have it reattached.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.