Lenovo Thinkpad t61p - Penryn?

Discussion in 'Press Releases and Announcements' started by CheddarTrek, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheddarTrek

CheddarTrek Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I did a quick search of the forums and didn't see a thread devoted to this. However, it is possible I missed it, so forgive me if I'm repeating something that has a thread of its own. Now...

I am ready and willing to purchase a t61p. It looks to be an awesome laptop that has everything I want. Namely I can get it in a 14" size, with a non-glossy screen, and with a graphics card that can handle most of my programs as well as allowing me to play games casually.

However, the Penryn Processors for notebooks were released at CES around Jan 6, 2008. Some other laptop companies already have these in their line-ups, and I'm waiting for Lenovo to get on ball.

Is there any information available on when the new processors will be available in the t61p? I'd even appreciate rumors, but concrete information is always preferred. I'm in the US if that makes a difference.

I also heard that these processors were briefly available but that the option was removed from the website. It seemed to not be a huge price difference, which makes me all the more willing to wait... provided the wait isn't too terribly long.

Thanks,
    CT

2. M1530

M1530 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would give it a week or two I think that is when most companies will begin to use them.

3. CheddarTrek

Reputations:
    Well, see, it's already been a few weeks. Which is why I'm wondering how much longer it will be!

I do hope you're right though and it won't be much longer. Hopefully the prices won't be too bad either.

Cheers

4. anarky321

anarky321 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i heard there are delays on Penryns because of some flaw in the processor, i heard their delayed until the end of February (or at least supply will be very tight, so expect delays on shipping)

i cant source this as i forgot where i read this

5. CheddarTrek

Reputations:
    Is there anywhere or anyway I can e-mail or chat with Lenovo and actually ask them? If so, would it even be worth it? Seems they might not answer.

6. anarky321

anarky321 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    well do you expect them to say something like "yea order your laptop now but we'll just delay the shipping on it for 3 weeks without telling you anything"? their not going to tell you if their having supply shortages, they'll just delay your order, just wait until end of february then order, but then you might as well wait until May and get Montevina -_-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.