1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by TinyRK, Jan 26, 2010.

1. davidixon

davidixon Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  2. gmoneyphatstyle

gmoneyphatstyle Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. sblb

sblb Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No HDMI but it has a display port. The reason is that DisplayPort is currently royalty free, while the HDMI royalty is 4 cents per device and has an annual fee of $10,000 for high volume manufacturers.

You can get Display Port to HDMI converters though if you are looking to hook it up to a TV.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the other replies :p

4. sblb

sblb Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So, T410 owners. Final verdict. Is the t410 a good machine and worth the purchase?

5. Prince_Phoenix

Prince_Phoenix Notebook Consultant NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Yeah. I think it's differently worth it considering you can pick it up fully loaded for roughly $1000 compared to Dell computers.

The keyboard fairly solid, although it takes a little bit of time to get used to compared to the X61 Tablet keyboard that I have. It has no flex, and each key feels like it's individual. I think they changed the layout, so it takes some time to get used to, and I prefer typing on my Tablet at least in the interim.

Build quality is pretty solid. I don't feel any flex on the machine at all, and pushing the back of the screen doesn't produce any ripples either. Hinges are impressive (although I'm coming from the X61, so anything is impressive compared to a single plastic hinge).

The only thing I would say is that I'm not impressed by the i7 yet in terms of its multitasking ability. I've run into programs freezing a bit too frequently for my liking over these two days of having the machine.

To answer the question below: No, it's on the side. There's nothing on the main computer.

I have one qualm. The battery life for the discrete model is terrible compared to the T400. I was expecting something more than 5 hours given how much hoopla and praise there was for the T400's battery life.

6. mtneer

mtneer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If I am reading PaAra's picture right, the microphone/ audio jack(s??) are at the bottom on the screen?? Whaat?.. The wires then have to snake around on the keyboard getting stuck in my fingers??

Hope its just late for me, and am seeing things!

7. siser

siser Newbie

Reputations:

14 are the microphone slots. The jack is on the side

8. TinyRK

TinyRK Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, it sits right next to 1.), the eSATA.

9. PaAra

PaAra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    ...........................^

10. cwarner

cwarner Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it possible to get the discrete graphics option with a 6-cell battery?

If you select the t410 w/ the nvidia card, it only allows you to choose a 9-cell battery. But the review and people on this forum are talking about how much battery life the discrete graphics version gets with the 6-cell battery..

I'm a little concerned that the 9-cell batter, sticking out of the back will make it that much trickier to fit into bags and such.. I'd probably just use the nvidia card when plugged in anyways, so the 9-cell isn't really necessary for me..