Lenovo T490-495 ? s ?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by 6730b, Feb 27, 2021.

1. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Started looking for some worthy replacements for my ageing Dells.
    Some of those 490\95\s seemingly got excellent screens for photo work, towards 400nits & 100% sRGB, will check the exact type fitted before buying anything (noteboocheck tests).

Silence (fan, coil, whatever at low load) a must. Extreme battery time not crucial. CPU that does not throttle (too much). No gaming needs.

s, non-s, intel, amd, anyone with some experience\irritations\praise to share?

Thanks

2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    My Probooks fan occasionally comes on even when playing solitaire, so you're probably not going to get silence at low load unless you want to go fanless, though that'll likely mean a performance hit.

I've heard the low power screens are the best of the 1080 LCDs, though I've not seen it myself. Typically, Lenovo uses multiple suppliers as to not run out of parts, so you may want to look into that before committing.

Rokobo likes this.
  3. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Update: ended up with Dell Precision 5540, i7, 16gb, nvidia, and most important: a fantastic display + stays completely silent with daily routine tasks. w10 ltsc.
    And got a Lenovo after all, found a T61 in near-new shape, to keep as mascot. w7.

Attached Files:

• new.jpg
      new.jpg
      File size:
      377.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Charles P. Jefferies likes this.