Lenovo Legion Y740 17" 15"

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by victorgm, Jan 30, 2019.

1. gregmattersen

gregmattersen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My current laptop (a MSI GV63) does the exact same thing! My previous Alienware 17 R5 also did it, I never did find whatever setting or program is responsible...

2. gregmattersen

Reputations:
    And today Lenovo is listing the same config as the one I ordered (15" 8750/2070maxq/256ssd+1tbhdd) with "2-3 days" shipping estimates. If people buying today are getting theirs before me, I'll be slightly annoyed.

3. 95bat

95bat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That is lame. I am hoping there is some kind of mistake and it will ship sooner than they say.

I ordered the 15" with a 2060 to mess around with when I want to game and watch TV in the bedroom. If it is actually another 8 week wait then I will probably cancel the order. I've been wanting to try our VR anyway, maybe I'll buy a headset and upgrade my 6700k/1080 desktop.

Hardest part is the price... got it for a little over $1300 after tax. Might make it worth it wait.

gregmattersen likes this.
  4. gregmattersen

Reputations:
    I'm with you on that. They listed the same part number as mine this morning with "ships same day" shipping. I promptly got on chat and asked why mine isn't shipping yet if they obviously have stock in the US. Passed around to 4 different agents, one tried to argue that it was a different model, even though specs and the part number were identical, I finally got to a supervisor, best he could do was promise to expedite my existing order. I asked them to simply create me a new order with this ships-same-day stock and honor my original price, but that is apparently impossible for Lenovo sales reps to do. Would have been $200 more to get it today than what I paid a week ago...

My favorite bit - I was promised a $100 credit after my order ships because I already threatened to cancel, but I didn't write down the name of the person that promised it. I brought it up again to the supervisor, he responded: "As I can see here, we can only process $97.01 compensation on our end". I LOL'd.

5. pexx421

pexx421 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ah, that’s unfortunate. I got two three separate discounts from them, and asked for email confirmation each time. I was sent email confirmation with a compensation number each time and they were all honored.

6. 95bat

95bat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    LOL "We're sorry sir, your extensive time delay and frustration is not worth the extra $2.99 to make a $100 compensation."

I'd bet if that laptop were ordered today, even with the shown same day shipping, ift wouldn't ship until June or July. I think they're selling laptops they don't have!

I'm going to try the chat after work today and see what they'll do for me. If they take off $100 I might wait. $1200 for an 8750H, 512gb SSD, 2060, g-sync, with great cooling... cant find that anywhere else for that much money.

Kalen and gregmattersen like this.
  7. DRM842

DRM842 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Exactly what I paid back on March 28th for the nearly the same specs. You're getting a 512gb SSD but I took the smaller 250gb. Couldn't be more pleased with my decision. I did upgrade the SSD from a 250gb to a 500gb m.2. The laptop is great!

8. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Lol your lucky you got short of 2.99 what was promised.
    I paid more and rang up twice and got NOTHING and I ordered the 8th March. Received 3rd of May.
    Receiving that in a week is pretty good business for the customer I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregmattersen likes this.
  9. gregmattersen

Reputations:
    Haha, yeah, I'm happy with the compensation they offered, it was just hilarious how random that restriction was. Hope mine doesn't take too long, almost 2 months like yours will drive me crazy. I understand 3-4 week delays on custom-built machines, but mine was sold to me as a pre-built-ships-in-5-7-days, to have that jump to 2 months is just insane. They know what is in stock and on the boat/airplane, it definitely seems like they're overpromising and then struggling to fulfill the orders. Either that or their supply systems are an absolute mess.

sisqo_uk and 95bat like this.
  10. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah thing is in the uk the prebuilt options was limited supply and shipping in 3-4 weeks. The custom one I had was 5-7 business days. How I held out I don’t know. I said I’d cancel the order. They offered to cancel my order on both phone calls. They prob called my bluff, but I had to stick cos it was the only laptop I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk