Lenovo Legion Y740 17" 15"

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by victorgm, Jan 30, 2019.

1. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    I’ve see it called maxP before and it was called this at CES too. I think it’s a great idea. What annoys me is when people call it a “full x GPU” as if there’s anything different besides the TDP. Most people who comment about this on the channel have NO idea that the desktop 2070 is any different whatsoever over the 2070 laptop in performance other than thermals.

What makes sense is to limit the overall confusion and clearly state 3 different versions.

This is from someone who deals with this misinformation every single day. It’s different on forums like this where most of us are on the same page

2. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well last Gen that was considered the truth at least from a marketing standing, If it wasn't MaxQ then it was pretty much one to one as far as they were concerned .

Just now with the 20 series that mobile gap has opened back up again even if it's more a power limit instead of chip builds.

3. redwolf2x

redwolf2x Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    finally got it

Attached Files:

AlexusR and gregmattersen like this.
  4. gregmattersen

gregmattersen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How's the backlight bleed? When did you order? :) (can you tell I'm waiting for mine?)

5. redwolf2x

redwolf2x Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Took pictures, a couple are exaggerated but it looks like upper right and lower left are the issue, if it was upper part of display it wouldn't bug me that much. This is just from startup haven't jumped into windows and messed with brightness settings yet. Also will put a screen-protector on so not sure how that is going to affect it.

Still I don't have too many options in the 17in market, and the workstation market I need some serious cash to get into that game.

Still webcam is on the top
    and Numpad is there...so at least people can't complain about that.

002.jpg 003.jpg

6. gregmattersen

gregmattersen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks! Not perfect, but I've seen worse, seems hit and miss with these models. I can't imagine doing a screen protector on a 17 inch screen, i go crazy doing it on my cell phones...

7. redwolf2x

redwolf2x Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yea it's hard to imagine but I've done it before and I'm used to it.

Though I am concerned since hardware canucks was critical about the intel speedstep, kinda hard to believe lenovo would overlook something like this.

8. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    mines got a little bit of bleed in the lower right only noticeable at a certain angle so its not that big. There is some coil whine as it revs up but again too slight to be a problem.

Running test on things after undervolting overall seems to do fine. Though I've noticed some games have a real swing when it comes to temps like going from 80s to 91 peak briefly. Desktop seems to hover around 48-56 when web surfing.

These okay numbers?

Also Vantage changed again. Where is the Max Fan option?

9. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah be bleed isn’t that bad. It only appears to be so when there’s no image on the screen.
    Mine was a bit like that but in the lower right mainly. But it’s no big deal. Ain’t games on mine yet. But I can’t really utilise my machine properly because the drivers do NOT install properly.
    So just waiting to get some recovery media unless some kind person on the forum is happy to upload the recovery media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations: