Lenovo Legion Y740 17" 15"

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by victorgm, Jan 30, 2019.

1. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    See. All tho it was a tiny OC. I can’t imagine a 700 point gain.
    I just think then you got a low graphics score.
    However the 2060 over exceeded. I’m seeing around 5800 on time spy. So 2070 mq roughly 20% faster.

I think I’m going to purchase one shortly. I got nothing to lose (besides my bank balance) and a lot to gain. If it’s not as expected I can return it. I can save £132 removing the windows 10 option. Can buy one for £9. Use that saving and get a 2070.
    Just figuring out how much warranty to extend to. Gets pricey on 3 years and my price don’t look as attractive.
    I’ll also get 5% cash back on cash back site. It’ll help a lil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rhylin

Rhylin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got mine in today (2060) and I'm very impressed. I did a clean wipe of Win10 and all bloatware and undervolted to -1.40.

Playing a couple hours of csgo with Max Fan and temps didn't go past 68 for CPU and 60 for GPU.

Max Fans also isn't very loud either, with Headphones you can't tell at all but my Wife also wasn't complaining and that's a huge plus, she's sitting less than 5 feet from me.

I have many more hours to test out the system but I wonder for anyone else who undervolted, what stable undervolt did you maintain?

sisqo_uk likes this.
  3. Naeem Chandani

Naeem Chandani Notebook Guru

Reputations:

4. taraquin

taraquin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What voltages are the 2060 and the 2070mq running at? Anyone tried undervolting with Afterburner? For instance flatline at 1700-1800MHz@800mv which is doable on my 1070. Also custom curve with higher start voltages and flatline from 850mv or 900mv to see which gives best performance to temp-ratio?

5. nr6576

nr6576 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I guess it maps HDR signal to SDR output, like it can be done in some video player.

6. nr6576

Reputations:
    I upgrade the HDD to Samsung 860 2TB Sata. I didn't touch the nvme because it's a Samsung PM981 which is really impressive.

7. nr6576

Reputations:
    Can't do undervolting on a max-q card. 2060 may do.

Kalen likes this.
  8. nr6576

Reputations:
    I got a 2TB Samsung EVO 860 Sata and it works well.

9. ninja2000

ninja2000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I placed an order last night. 15" with the 2070 ands also removed windows I have a couple of spare keys.

I don't think the price of the 3 year warranty is that bad at £60 odd quid, its better than the £350 pounds dell want for a similar warranty.
    I had been looking at an m15, but for the same spec as the y749 I purchased was £2500 as opposed to £1650 on the Lenovo.

sisqo_uk and Kalen like this.
  10. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yea warranty is that expensive it’s just that I mean with 3 year onsite with added accidental damage. It was an additional £150.
    Don’t get me wrong it’s worth it compared to dells warranty.
    If only the three years extended warranty offer they have for £1 on selected models was applicable I’d of selected it easy LOL.
    Just kept it for a year with accidental damage and I’ll extend towards the life of it depending on how I feel about my overall experience with it and if the next model is a disaster design wise and I want to keep using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk