Lenovo Legion Y740 17" 15"

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by victorgm, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Danny Utoyo

Danny Utoyo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If you use it for MadVR, why you dont use latest known stable nvidia driver?

2. contro

contro Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I should do that but I haven't had an issue recently in the past few days . It's weird .... When I get the shutdowns it seems to be random, I'm sure if I downgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers I wouldn't have as many of those nvidia krnl crashes . I attached my uptime

Attached Files:

3. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Changing thermal grease probably gives you some degrees lower temps, but not to a significant degree.

Undervolting and lowering of CPU turbo is much more effective IMO.

4. contro

Reputations:
    My machine literally just crashed like 6 minutes ago, I was watching a youtube video on google chrome. Here are the error logs if anyone is interested in checking out, no nvidia crashes.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      93.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      87.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      93.8 KB
      Views:
  5. bryanryan

bryanryan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had the same issue with my Y740 15 inch, literally straight out of the box I noticed my Q key wasn't sitting right and after playing around it did the same thing as your Ctrl key. I noticed that it wasn't clipped in properly at the top left.
    It was a stressful 5 mins but I unclipped the top right of the key, then had to lift the whole key up and clip the top back in.

There is a bit of give on the clip so don't push/pull too hard, try see if everything is still in tact and not damaged, figure out how the clips go back in and work your magic. Just be firm but GENTLE.

6. contro

Reputations:
    It "clips" in right sometimes and sometimes it's loose I think on of those "clips" is clipped.

7. bryanryan

bryanryan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Check the whole clip properly, mine used to "clip" in too but then would move the same way as yours. My key was slightly skew on to the main clips, look carefully and you will see its not in properly. I found it easier to see by unclipping the top right side too