Lenovo Legion Y740 17" 15"

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by victorgm, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Question been having trouble with the Killer Wireless Suite. Is it needed? How do I also reinstall correctly?

Also who sells a good sleeve for the y740.

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It's not needed and I would recommend not using it because it can limit your download speeds. If you want to reinstall it, you can download it directly from killer.

katalin_2003 likes this.
  3. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I got their download but the part from the windows store doesn't seem to download right. Keeps telling me the service is not working.

4. 95bat

95bat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just an update for the others waiting...

Ordered May 2nd, was supposed to ship May 11th, but the shipping date was pushed back to June 30th. I called Lenovo and was told I'd get an e-mail within 48 hours with an updated shipping date. Nobody e-mailed. I called again 3 days later, and was told the distribution center is saying the laptop will ship May 31st.

Lenovo's website currently shows the exact laptop I ordered will ship in 2-3 business days. I e-mailed the customer service rep who was helping me to find out what they can do to explain this and keep me as a customer. Ordering from Lenovo has been a complete s*** show. Never had this much trouble with all my previous MSI laptops.

gregmattersen likes this.
  5. redwolf2x

redwolf2x Notebook Guru

Reputations:

MSI's warranties ain't nuthin to write home about, or just get the p creators series from MSI and be done with it As far as an explanation you won't get one, most likely they don't have the part at the factory and you have to wait it out.

6. 95bat

Reputations:
    I've never had a bad experience with MSI warranties. I've had two laptops (same model laptop, got blue screens so they gave me a brand new one) and a motherboard replaced with no problems.

I'm just growing tired of Lenovo's dishonest marketing.

7. redwolf2x

redwolf2x Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Uh huh, nice story, don't believe it but hey nice story. Anyways,

As far as dishonest marketing, it's been known there has been delays on y740 for a while, and I imagine it's probably gonna be that way till they hit the refreshed version. Long and short I would set your expectations very very low when considering purchasing this thing. TBH, I had to wait 2 months, and came close to cancelling a few times like others. If the delay had been any longer I probably would have went for a workstation or looked at the p-creator's series from MSI despite my low opinion of their warranty.

8. 95bat

Reputations:
    Relax, not everybody on the internet is a liar. There are actually honest people in the world. Lenovo marketing is not among them, though.

Seriously though, what is so unbelievable about having to warranty a laptop? I didn't know that was some kind of magical feat few among us could manage. I bought a brand new laptop that would blue screen when installing games so they sent me a new one. It literally blue screened right out of the box installing World of Warcraft. This was 8 years ago, maybe it has changed since then. You might have a low opinion of their warranty process, but not everybody has bad experiences and you don't have to be insulting about it.

As far as setting my expectations very very low... I think I'll pass. It is not too much to expect a laptop is shipped in a reasonable amount of time when it is shown in stock. If they can't get their stuff together I'll give somebody else my money since that's the only power I have over this process as a consumer.

gregmattersen likes this.
  9. redwolf2x

redwolf2x Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just said I didn't believe you, if you want to take that as an insult you may do as you please. Making base assumptions isn't helping your case either.

Good, you should go elsewhere. Now that you know that there is delays in getting it from the factory. You could order it through a 3rd party such as CDW/office depot but you are better off with another manufacturer.

10. 95bat

Reputations:
    I'm confused, what assumption am I making? And what case do I have?

Can you link the Y740 from the vendors you mentioned?