Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Ryzen 5800H, RTX 3070, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD - $1,529.99 @ Walmart

Discussion in 'Notebook and Tech Bargains' started by saturnotaku, Jun 15, 2021.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  2. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  3. nvmvoidrays

nvmvoidrays Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm very tempted to cancel my L5P order to try and get this one since it takes several days to cancel the hold, but if it doesn't get it stock near me, then I'm out a week on the wait time for my L5P. Decisions, decisions...

4. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    This config that Walmart carries is definitely the least expensive and makes the most sense if you are upgrading RAM / SSD. Unfortunately it has a Realtek Wifi card so you may want to acquire an Intel AX200 chip. If you can find it in a local store then the price is only $1399. A few already received them late last week and hopefully there will be more coming.

5. nvmvoidrays

nvmvoidrays Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah, that was the plan. I'll be checking all this week for the possibility of snagging this. Hopefully I can find it.

6. Spring1898

Spring1898 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Talked to my couple local walmarts, they said they have no record of the product number which they suggested to mean that not every 'region' will get the in-store version. The "Dot com" version as they called it will not the be the same internal designation as the one in the store so cannot be used to determine in store availability

So some people in some regions may get the in store deal, others (probably lower value/revenue regions) will only be able to get the online deal.

So I wouldn't cancel your order just yet unless you can verify it will be available in your region

7. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    This came in stock this am and I chickened out on buying one. Now I regret that choice.

8. SMOKE_SKULL

SMOKE_SKULL Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had trouble with a Ryzen Nividia combo of Vulkan games failing to load. Windows update kept installing some small AMD files and after that Vulan failed to launch. I would have to reinstall drivers to get it working again. THen the update and poof gone again.

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Running the laptop in dedicated mode with the MUX should work around that issue.

10. SMOKE_SKULL

SMOKE_SKULL Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No it did not