Lenovo Legion 5 and 7 (2020)

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by KING19, Apr 17, 2020.

1. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    max 64GB.

2. Hwat

Hwat Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried G-Sync over the thunderbolt or USB-C? I want to get one and I will be mostly using it plugged in, but the mobility will be useful, so if it doesn't have G-Sync for the built in its not the end of the world, but if I can't get G-Sync on an external monitor that'll be a disaster!

3. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  4. vane505

vane505 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi! I'm thinking of buying a Legion 5 or 7 and I'm wondering if the trackpad-surface is relatively smooth. I was about to get a HP Omen 15 but when I tried the trackpad my finger skipped on the surface a lot whenever I had a minimal amount of sweat on my fingers (never had this issue with my old laptop, although it has a glass trackpad). Do any of you have any similar experience from the Legion 5 or 7?

5. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nope. Not with my Legion 5.

6. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I read some sources that the Maximum of RAM is 16GBs so i hope you're right. I know when you configure both the Legion 5 and 7 Lenovo's site you can only configure them to 16GBs.

7. Ed. Yang

Reputations:
    My thoughts...
    System performance should not be hurdled by the size of the RAM, having bigger "space" to accommodate different tasks in queue, is an allowance, not a limitation. The only limitation that we should be concerned of, is how fast the tasks are handled dependent on much power are sent to the RAMs to power up to do the jobs.
    Taking the TongFang GK 5/7NR variants that sold around the globe with different badge as example... Not all of them are configured with 3200Mhz RAMs, and they are certainly not limited to just 16GB(dual channel added up).

8. Ed. Yang

Reputations:
    Not slippery smooth as u would experienced from smartphone's swiping experience. I would compare the Legion 5's touchpad surface to those of old CDs. Where it seems polished, but when ur finger touches on, u feel no friction but not buttery smooth.

9. Ramzay

Ramzay Notebook Connoisseur

Reputations:
    Definitely sounds like some sort of conspiracy, or Intel bribes being handed out. There's no other reason I can think of for these deliberate configuration restrictions to prevent the FAR superior Ryzen CPUs from having access to better hardware setups.

Kalen and huntnyc like this.
  10. Ed. Yang

Reputations:
    The INTEL with OEM deals is probably not over yet... Hence, something gotta do to make/fulfill the "Gentlemen's Agreement"