Lenovo Legion 5 and 7 (2020)

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by KING19, Apr 17, 2020.

1. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes it is known that the fast and efficient ryzen 4000 mobile cpus are a big selling point on ryzen laptops, but the problem is that it is the ONLY selling point on these lenovo laptops, same as many other ryzen laptops.

The weak gpus and low quality screens are pushing buyers towards intel alternatives with stronger graphics and better screens.

Ramzay and Kalen like this.
  2. laptopnoob678

laptopnoob678 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    upload_2020-6-22_18-18-21.png

Is the £800 model 120Hz, and is it any good? I don't care too much about colours, etc. more about low latency

3. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well... If u're not too concern about the RGB color accuracy, the refresh rate of the panel is just nice for the GPU.
    My only concern, two fields of the configuration is not clear on detail that i suggest that u chat with the CSO to get clarification.
    1. 256GB NVME SSD, is that single 256 or 2x 128GB? Cos that affects the battery size that u should be concern of...
    2. ...yeah, 4cells, but no further details whether is it 60whr type or 80whr type. If it's 60whr, most likely the 256GB SSD is going to be a single stick, with SATA slot left empty for 2.5" SSD/HDD accommodation. If it's 80whr, the 256GB SSD might be 2x 128 total, letting the bigger battery taking up the 2.5" SATA slot.

4. werdmonkey4321

werdmonkey4321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone here have a vbios for the RTX 2070 Super Max-Q? I'm trying to find a 90 watt vbios right now compatible with the GS66, and I haven't found one with target power set at 90watts. I've flashed the Razer Blade Advanced vbios but it has target power limits at 80 watts. I also looked at the vbios from an Omen but there is a device id mismatch.

5. Ed. Yang

Reputations:
    In this new review of the Legion Lenoir...

...the internal cooling design had been further explored.
    "Zee! No Registry Hack Needed!"​

KING19 likes this.
  6. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Now to wait for the 1660ti and above models to be released.

7. Ed. Yang

Reputations:
    so far the only competitions seems to be from Asus. Acer, HP, hvnt push out their mid-end GPU combo ryzer gamer yet... Hence as according to Lenovo release info listing in UK and HK site, 4½ more weeks to go!

8. Ed. Yang

Reputations:
    Well... If u don't mind the weight of a moderate sized dumbbell to carry around, the Clevo NH5#A with default high frequency refresh screens is there with various GTX####ti or RTXes are there for u to configure now...

9. Ed. Yang

Reputations:
    Placed my order for a 4600H heart, 256gb(total) lung, 16gb kidney system... Now shall wait!

10. Ed. Yang

Reputations: