Lenovo Legion 5 and 7 (2020)

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by KING19, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The new Legion 7 (16-inch) looks amazing. Have pretty much everything I want in a serious gaming laptop. :)

2. dglt

dglt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i prefer 17" but if in losing an inch i also gain a 2560x1600 panel im content with that. what i like about the lineup is that the legion 5 will get all the features of the legion 7 like g-sync and a 3060 is still a killer gpu so i dont see the need for a 7 over a 5 and tbh for me the only advantage the legion 7 has over a 5 now on existing models is thunderbolt which we definitely wont be seeing on any of these ryzen models. i didnt think lenovo was gonna be releasing the new models until at least june but im happily incorrect.

i prefer the clean look of the regular legion 5/7, the "pro" looks too much like a y545 [​IMG]

3. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The QHD options are great. I really missed that. The new RTX3000-series claim to be able to handle QHD with good FPS. :)

15 is too small, 17 is good. 16 with minimal borders should be a nice sweet spot.

dglt and Kalen like this.
  4. Denes888

Denes888 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

I upgraded my laptop recently with BOE NV156FHM-NY5 which is a great display, but my colors are a little too saturated (faces on photos are reddish and orange). Also my EDID seems to be not ok ( Ordered the display from China) and I have issue with HDR mode. The screen randomly goes black for 1 second and then goes back to normal. This happens out of the blue. Sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes after 2. I think I have incorrect timing in EDID or my edp cable cannot handle HDR perfectly, but thats a different story. I would like to see if I can correct this by EDID modification.

So I would like to ask you to share ICC profile and EDID parameter ( especially timing), this would help a lot for me.

Thank you in advance for you support!

PS: Earlier I thought FHD resolution is not enough and I need to upgrate to 4k, but as some of you mentioned, the matte coating on this display is soo smooth, that it look really clean and sharp!

5. dglt

dglt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    use ddu to clear all video drivers and displays, after you reboot and get drivers reinstalled also grab the dolby vision drivers from your lenovo support page and install, that package contains the icc profiles for all the displays that support it

6. dglt

dglt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    im committed now, long couple days of hunting but managed to snag a ryzen 7 5800x, gigabyte gaming oc 3070, and at msrp. and so my Legion 5i 17" i7-10750H/RTX 2060 is for sale if anyone is interested. 16gb hyperx 2933mhz CL17 ram (runs CL16 CR 1T no problem), unlocked EFCN45WW bios, 1tb nvme, very clean and no scuffs/scratches(like new), top 3dmark scores out of all 10750H/rtx2060 laptops. looking for $999, located in northeastern usa

7. GrandesBollas

GrandesBollas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Entered a new era - just ordered a Lenovo Legion 5 via Amazon. I'll have to tweak it a little when it arrives on 1/18/2021. My goal is to see if it can handle my need for a mobile, secondary computer for at least one year. Play games as well as manly tasks such as watching Youtube videos and posting on NBR.

If laptop manufacturers are bent on selling overpriced trash, what happens when we pull the rug from under them!!!

dglt likes this.