Lenovo Legion 5 and 7 (2020)

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by KING19, Apr 17, 2020.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I did indeed miss that. Borderline false advertising right there.

Kalen likes this.
  2. Kalen

Kalen Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Biggest thing I don't like? The wild thermals... performance is great but a 30*C differential in core temperature? That's insanely bad. [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Could that potentially be a bad fit or warping where the plate meets the CPU die?

4. Kalen

Kalen Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Very likely. I'm just going to chalk it up to a defective vapor chamber but since it's new, I'm having them replace the whole thing. Why would I accept repair on a new laptop? Na. Got the exchange approved so now I just have to wait.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

saturnotaku likes this.
  5. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just ordered the Amazon version.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-1920x...aming+laptop+amd+1660ti&qid=1598642841&sr=8-3

Nothing can beat it at that price especially with a 4800H, 1660ti, 144hz 300nit screen, and 16GBs of RAM.

Since it doesnt come with a 2nd storage drive im planning to install my HDD from my current laptop since i already use it as a data drive to store most of my stuff then later down the line replace it with a 2nd M.2 NVME SSD.

seanwee and Kalen like this.
  6. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    THAT"S A DAMMMMMN GOOD DEAL!!!
    Btw... after a search in PSREF, ur model turns out to be a 60whr battery configuration.
    This means that u get only one m.2 SSD storage, while a SATA for 2.5" storage of ur own upgrade choice(Mechanical HDD or SSD).

7. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah!.

Even with the smaller battery i expect about 4-5 hours of battery life which is good enough for me. It'll be here tommorrow thanks to Prime

Also the Maximum RAM allowed with the legions is 32GBs which is a big relief for the future :)

8. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I got the Laptop today and had a rough start because the laptop wouldnt turn on and i was very close of returning it until i plugged in the charger and it turned on.....

Idk its a feature or not but anyways besides that the legion is great so far. I havent done any gaming on it yet because im still setting everything up.

Heres proof of the 1660ti
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will post more info and pics another time

9. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well... U got urself an untampered set there which is subjected by international shipping regulations, cannot be turned on unless triggered by proper power supply.
    My company's product which requires battery to act as memory backup, needs to hv battery removals or disable before shipping as well... And that turns out to be a challenging issue when the product reaches customers' end...

saturnotaku and KING19 like this.
  10. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh ok i didnt know that and i was very close of returning it. I even opened the laptop to see if any ribbon cables was loose or unplugged... :oops: