Lenovo Legion 5/5 Pro/7 2022 Discussion

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by saturnotaku, Dec 28, 2021.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The first leaks of Lenovo's updated Legion lineup for 2022 have surfaced so let's start a new discussion thread.

Lenovo Legion 5 Pro gaming laptop with Intel Alder Lake/AMD Rembrandt leaks ahead of CES 2022 - VideoCardz.com

The revised logo on the lid of the 5 Pro looks much better than its predecessor, though I still prefer the less conspicuous Legion branding on the 7 and non-Pro 5. I'm also digging the rounded corners of the new 5. Hopefully it will continue to be available in that really nice blue color that they introduced last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Atma likes this.
  2. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I honestly never thought I would consider Lenovo to be one of my first picks for a laptop after all the work I had to do on the y510p/y410p platforms but everything else just doesnt make much sense to me, not saying they dont make sense to others, just to not to me.

Really only thing I would probably change is the touchpad but there is always the one thing that reminds you perfection doesnt exist lol.

These also have the MUX switch to I presume? I remember they basically said everything going forward would have one iirc

KING19 and Kalen like this.
  3. Kalen

Kalen Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Looking forward to the 2022 Legion 7 with its 1000 nit mini-LED panel. The one thing that I had wished the 2021 had the Alienware M15 R5's colour accuracy (140% sRGB, 99% Adobe RGB/DCI-P3) and better response time. Of course, everything else on the Legion is better but the panel is most definitely superior so I am hoping that the change to mini-LED also comes with some other improvements to the panel.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

4. jlp0209

jlp0209 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If they removed those diagonal lines on the new 5 Pro it would be even better. I still don't like the branding / styling on them and prefer the regular 5 and 7 designs.

Kalen and KING19 like this.
  5. freesailor

freesailor Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I looked at the photos of the 5 Pro 2022 version comparing them with those of the current model and it seems to me that they removed a USB 3.2 Gen1 from the rear but added a USB-C on the left side and moved the audio jack from left to right.
    I don't know if removing an USB port on the back made it possible to increase the rear ventilation grilles, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

29-12-2021 22-32-58.jpg

29-12-2021 22-30-32.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  6. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Agreed.

But it is an improvement from its predecessor.

I heard the Ryzen 6000 series will support Thunderbolt along with PCIe 4.0 which a good thing to keep up with Intel. Hopefully the prices wont be too bad.

7. rahasyavadi

rahasyavadi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A November 2021 update of the specs pdf for the Legion 7i Gen 6 shows two mini-LED options, a 1000-nit one and a 1250-nit one, and the notebookcheck.net article on the Exploration Edition indicates that the 1250-nit one is used in that edition, so at CES both may be announced as options for Gen 7.

https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sy...on_7_16ITHg6/Lenovo_Legion_7_16ITHg6_Spec.pdf

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenov...-and-1-250-nit-mini-LED-display.575074.0.html
    2021-12-29 16_34_04-Lenovo_Legion_7_16ITHg6_Spec.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (64-bit).png

Kalen likes this.
  8. System0

System0 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

9. freesailor

freesailor Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    System0 likes this.
  10. System0

System0 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that open on my phone so I remember to check it.

I'm still debating whether to pick up a bargain now or wait until the new Intel and Ryzen chips etc drop.

I sold my Alienware M15 last year and missed having a gaming laptop. Picked a 3070 Razer Blade 14 on Black Friday. It's a great little laptop and I loved it's portability, but the keyboard isn't amazing to type on and I was concerned about future battery issues (if you read the Razer subreddit for a few days, you'd be scared off too).

Hopefully companies like Lenovo will post a release schedule so we have an ideas as to when newly announced laptops will be available