Lenovo Legion 5/5 Pro/7 2021 Discussion

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by saturnotaku, May 21, 2021.

1. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I have tried modifying the fan table config files for Control Center manually myself but for some reason the settings do not always take. If you still have the Vector Pro and want to try yourself they are here:

C:\Program Files\OEM\Eluktronics Control Center\UniwillService\MyControlCenter\UserFanTables

Probably replacing Eluktronics with Node. If you are on the Gaming Mode, Profile 1, then modifying M1T1.json seems to work and be reflected after a reboot.

Although I completely agree that minimum fan speed should be configurable from the app to begin with!

saturnotaku likes this.
  2. Petrov

Petrov Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just got the IETS GT500V1 laptop cooler for use with my Legion 7. The cooler is amazing, dropped CPU and GPU temps on benchmarks by 15-20C compared with sitting on a wooden desk (with thermal performance mode both times). It's loud af when on full fan (5000 rpm!), but the fan is entirely variable via a knob, so you can have it off or very quiet. Also has 3 usb ports built in.

The foam encapsulated the legion 7 perfectly with no noticeable gaps in the seal around the base.

Highly recommended.

US amazon link here: https://www.amazon.com/IETS-Powerful-Turbo-Fan-Infinitely-13-17-3inch/dp/B09D6J56NS?th=1

3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Appreciate the insight but the laptop has been reset, packed, and is waiting to go back to MicroCenter next weekend. Plus I just received the notification that my 6600M L5 shipped so that deal was legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My Legion 7i order was placed on October 1, Est. shipped October 25 and ETA November 3. Now it's Est. shipped November 30 and ETA December 7o_O. I don't know which specific component Lenovo is having trouble procuring.

You know we're in a deep crisis when I could manage to buy a PS5 and an XBSX at MSRP within a month and not a bloody gaming laptop:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  5. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is it a custom order? They usually take a long time. I cancelled 2 custom orders that were going to take forever and got a pre-built in my hands within a week.

Kalen likes this.
  6. GMLP

GMLP Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The only thing 'custom' in it was changing the default 16GB RAM to 32GB. Everything else was stock. But on Lenovo Australia even the stock Legion 7i is listed as 'More than 8 weeks'. Ironically I already had a pair of Crucial Ballistix ready to go and was planning to sell the OEM RAM sticks once laptop arrives.

7. Spring1898

Spring1898 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I used to think I changed computer frequently.
    You all are nuts!

I want to see more driver maturity with the 6600/6700/6800 to see if that improves the amount of performance spread between games. Still seems too much for a finalized architecture. 5/10 FPS was normal back in the day between AMD and Nvidia, but the swings in the data are too large.
    Each card can either match or exceed the tier above it on the nvidia side or perform worse than the equivalent tier in others.

I hope he does a longer term follow up, but the utility of that may not be worth since next gen is probably going to be announced next year.

8. Patrck_744

Patrck_744 Burgers!

Reputations:
    Is this the same chassis as the Lenovo Legion? It features the same QHD screen according to the specs.

https://www.eluktronics.com/Prometheus-XVI/

I was looking for alternatives since the ship times for Legion7 is 2+ months.

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Lenovo is large enough to produce its own laptop designs. Eluktronics sources its systems from Tongfang.

Kalen likes this.
  10. awsan

awsan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey everyone wanted to ask what are your recommendations for a new L5P buyer, I am getting one this week (3070/5800h) and wanted to upgrade the ram to 32gb and was looking around and as it wont support XMP needs to have JEDEC 3200mhz cl20 what are the recommended kits?

And any tools for CPU management like TS on the AMD side of things? and any BIOS tips and tricks.

Thanks

EDIT:

Found these models

KF432S20IB1
    HX432S20IB1
    HX432S20IB2
    HX432S20IBK2

All seem to have exact similar specs just different prices any ideas?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021