Lenovo Legion 5/5 Pro/7 2021 Discussion

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by saturnotaku, May 21, 2021.

1. raul-77

raul-77 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello friends, I have a question, is there a bottleneck with the 5800h? better intel?
    I already had a bad experience with the msi gx60

2. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    The Intel has x16 pcie which may be less of a bottleneck in hybrid mode when gaming on the internal display. Then again, all models have a MUX so you can always have a way to remove that bottleneck with a reboot.

raul-77 likes this.
  3. raul-77

raul-77 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    [QUOTE = "win32asmguy, post: 11109681, member: 32830"] Intel tiene x16 pcie que puede ser un cuello de botella menor en el modo híbrido cuando se juega en la pantalla interna. Por otra parte, todos los modelos tienen un MUX, por lo que siempre puede tener una forma de eliminar ese cuello de botella con un reinicio. [/ CITA]

Muchas gracias por su respuesta, así que para eliminar el modo híbrido en el lenovo + 5800H, qué se debe hacer exactamente, no entiendo a qué se refiere con el reinicio, gracias

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  4. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The thermals on the L7i are really good. I tried Cyberpunk for a while. The GPU was often on 150 watts and temps in the low to mid 70's. The CPU was 45 watts with temps in the upper 70's to low 80's. They really need some manual fan controls because they could be turned down to reduce noise. You can definitely hear them but not terrible. Nothing like the cpu test at the end of Time Spy. For some reason I can't get afterburner to show my fps though.

Darkhan likes this.
  5. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  6. adampk17

adampk17 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My 7i arrives tomorrow. Can I gather any information for anyone? Any benchmarks?

Atma likes this.
  7. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Finally got hold of a Legion 7 with Ryzen 7. Awesome machine. The L5P is nice, but this is even better. :)

Atma likes this.
  8. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    It’s such a weird choice to not let the user control the fans. Even a Max fan option would atleast have been a nice feature.

Darkhan likes this.
  9. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I can hear a slight whistle on mine when the fans ramp up. Does yours do it? Its not bad and I can live with it.

10. adampk17

adampk17 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It’ll be delivered later this afternoon. I’ve probably still have 5+ hours to wait.

I’ll check this out and post what my sounds like. Do you have your laptop sitting directly on a hard surface or something beneath it?

Atma likes this.