Lenovo Launches IdeaPad Yoga 11, Yoga 13 Discussion

Discussion in 'Notebook News and Reviews' started by Jerry Jackson, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Jackson

Jerry Jackson Administrator NBR Reviewer

Reputations:

As we first previewed at CES back in January of this year, Lenovo has finally unveiled the IdeaPad Yoga, an Ultrabook with a unique hinge design that allows you to fold the screen over in one simple motion to transform your laptop into a tablet. The touch-optimized IdeaPad Yoga 13 and Yoga 11 and clearly targeting consumers who have a tough time deciding whether to buy a laptop or a tablet.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Read the full content of this Article: Lenovo Launches IdeaPad Yoga 11, Yoga 13

Related Articles:

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    The hinge doesn't rotate a full 360 degrees to put the bottom part flush against the back of the screen, right? Just about a 300-degree hinge to make a stand?

Regardless, the Yoga 13 offers impressive specs for the price. Should make the MacBook Pro 13 sweat. $100 less, yet includes a 1600x900 IPS screen, a touchscreen, and that back-bending hinge?

3. davidricardo86

davidricardo86 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Lenovo is on fire with their designs! I've loved the Yoga ever since I first laid my eyes on it. I hope Lenovo makes an AMD A10 APU equivalent.

4. J.R. Nelson

J.R. Nelson Minister of Awesome

Reputations:
    No, I'm pretty sure it's a 360 degree hinge, actually. Let's talk about how much I want an IdeaPad Yoga 11.

It's a lot.

Having played with them, I can say that these things are pretty awesome.

5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Yeah, Ars Technica had pictures of it folded fully over. Pretty cool.

6. digitaldr

digitaldr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm very tempted by the 13 inch version as I want something with decent specs and a biggish screen. I'm a bit concerned that it might be a bit chunky in tablet mode but probably would be using it mainly as a notebook as I have a new iPad already. I was hoping my sister could pick one up for me in BB when she visits Chicago on 11/06/12 but am concerned that BB won't have any available in their stores - it's only available for home delivery preorder at the moment.

J.R. - Did you get to try the 13 inch one too? If so what did you think of it?

7. BoxcarSpawn

BoxcarSpawn Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I know at BBY, at least in Texas, the average store is getting between 3 and 6 units for the launch on the 26th.

8. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If displays can do various contortions then who will be the first to provide a notebook display that I can rotate into the portrait position?

John

9. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Acer Iconia W700 slate (Ivy Bridge) plus Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard (whose cover forms a tablet stand) and you've got a highly-portable Ivy-Bridge-and-1080p combination where you can type in portrait mode.

Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard | Microsoft Hardware

[​IMG]

10. ajreynol

ajreynol Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If they went 1920x1080 with the display like most of the other i5/i7 tablets/convertables are coming with, I'd be in.

oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.