Lenovo Laptop - is it mentioned in User Manual or Warranty Card that the Lap should be serviced ?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Deelliiee, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deelliiee

Deelliiee Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

My Lenovo laptop stoped working. Im inside Warranty.

1. They say Motherboard is Dammaged due to dust inside Laptop. Is it possible ?

2. They say it is required to service(Remove Dust Inside) the Lap once a year and they say it is mentioned in user manual and it is my resposibility to get a service done once a year.Is this true ?

Can someone plesae aswere the 2 questions please ?

Thanx in advance.

2. RampantGorilla

RampantGorilla Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    1) It depends on where you use your laptop. The only way dust could damage your motherboard is if some metal filings got into your laptop and shorted something out. This, however, is rather rare unless you started using your laptop in area where there is a lot of metal dust lying around. What is far more common is the way in which dust can clog up the fans and cooling vents in your laptop which causes your CPU to overheat.
    2) The terms and conditions of your warranty should be written on a small booklet that would have been in the box your laptop came in. You should read that to find out the answer to this question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.