Lenovo Ideapad Y410p won't power on... No power light?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by jack53, Jan 20, 2016.

1. jack53

jack53 Samsung ATIV Book 6 Lover!

Reputations:
    Anybody?

2. jack53

Reputations:
    I bumped this as it's over 3 months old...
    BUMPED... three months and no response to the last post questions. I have a Samsung now with similar specs, but really would like to fix this so I can recoup some of the $800+ I'm into it for.

A question in addition to the above. Would a computer shop be able to test a MB that is already out, in case I can't. I'm trying isolate this problem. I think at this point, it's not a MB issue, but something smaller.

There is over 7 pages (many with pics and links) on this and should help other people that run into a similar problem "if" fixed. ;)

3. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    No, but you could jump-start it by shorting the correct pin on the motherboard's power-button-board connector. Without schematics it's a bit of a guess which one, but use a wire and try each pin and the other end on the shield of the DC connector while the system is hooked up (or use a socket's earth). Power-on works via a relay, so there isn't much power on the connector, but it's still safer to use a known ground instead of two random pins on the connector.

CPU isn't that expensive to rule out; i3-4000M for $40. Resell it when you're done or keep it as a spare for future testing. Have kept several from different generations for that very purpose. Or ... really, too lazy to sell after upgrading systems ...

4. jack53

Reputations:
    It's been 9 days short of SIX months since the last post here. Bummed out I have a $800+ brick. Not much help here, guess most folks don't do much teardown these days, just run out and buy a new laptop instead. I'm going to gamble and take this to the local computer shop where they repair laptops and see if they will test my MB & CPU as they're already out and go from there. At least I won't have to pay them for a teardown. If that don't work, I'll throw this away and try not to think about it anymore. I really liked this laptop when it was working until it quit a year ago. I just hate throwing away $800+