LEGAL sources of old/unavailable games?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by CastlBravo, Feb 6, 2019.

1. CastlBravo

CastlBravo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Here is a thread dedicated to talking about and listing legal sources of old, abandoned, and/or hard-to-find games.

Ex: I'm trying to find Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, the NOLF series, and Rainbow Six Rouge Spear.

Places like UnityHQ.com have the NOLF series for download right now. NOFL has been in a copyright legal limbo for years.

triturbo likes this.
  2. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm not sure there is a legal place to acquire those digitally. Maybe MG2 on a console's virtual store. You can probably find Rouge Spear on ebay. The NOLF series is in limbo without clear info on ownership, but SOMEONE owns the rights so I highly doubt it's legal to download it. But the chance of someone suing you is practically nil, https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...ell-no-one-lives-forever-so-lets-download-it/.

3. Ratio Tile

Ratio Tile Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not sure about your specific titles but I like GoG for older games. Their library is kind of small but the quality of their releases is high.

Prototime, hfm and Arondel like this.