Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by SL2, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mukkollu

mukkollu Newbie

Reputations:
    I have 32-bit vista ultimate OEM on my laptop. I bought upgrade key for 32-bit Win 7 ultimate. Can I use this key for installing full win 7 64-bit professional? My laptop is eligible for 64-bit.

2. katalin_2003

katalin_2003 NBR Spectre Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You should be able and allowed to. Does the upgrade says 32bit ONLY?!
    Give it a try it.

3. mukkollu

mukkollu Newbie

Reputations:
    Upgrade says 32-bit only.

4. NumLock

NumLock Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are there any MD5 or SHA1 codes officially from Microsoft so we can verify these downloads?

thanks.

5. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  6. Chango99

Chango99 Derp

Reputations:
    removing the ei.cfg with the tool did nothing for my iso. I downloaded 64x w7 pro english, in hopes that I could use my boot drive for a pro install on one laptop and home premium on another, but it's just installing pro for me, no options.

7. deeastman

deeastman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For some reason the ei.cfg removal tool doesn't seem to work with the Windows 7 SP1 ISO. If you manually delete or rename the ei.cfg file to something like ei.org you will get a menu to select what version of Windows you want to install during boot.

This works especially well if you create a USB flash drive from the ISO to perform the install then delete the ei.cfg file manually from the drive.

8. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I didn't know about this issue because I always delete it manually. Please tell me if you find a working tool for SP1 and I'll add it.

9. TheBMRR

TheBMRR Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Okay, so I just used DownThemAll to download the Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64 file. I took the SHA1 code from this site (6C9058389C1E2E5122B7C933275F963EDF1C07B9) and copied it into the appropriate DownThemAll field box before I started the download process. After the download finished it went through a quick verifying process and a red plus sign appeared over the green check mark. Does this mean that the file downloaded properly and that it matches the SHA1 information?

Also, I have read about having to delete some /sources/ei.cfg file before burning the ISO onto a disc, but is this really necessary since I downloaded the exact version I want (Home Premium, x64, English)?

10. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No, it's all about convenience, if you ever want to install any other version.
    I hope you know how to burn a Windows ISO, knowing that it will be bootable. It's easier to use a USB drive.
    Next time you need it, it's probably outdated anyway, when SP2 is the latest version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.