Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by SL2, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Which files were missing?

I have used the Ultimate 64, and Swedish Pro 32, both worked flawlessly.

Update September 19: There's nothing wrong with the Pro 64 ISO, I'm posting this on a fresh install.

2. AppleUsr

AppleUsr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    it didnt say which files were missing. it was at the part when it was unpacking files and it got about 70% of the way through then a error message popped up and said unable to continue due to missing files. your partial install will not be saved.

my downloaded iso is 3.32gb

3. reb1

reb1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. AppleUsr

AppleUsr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just downloaded it again. its size was the same. 3.32 well im not going to burn another disk right now. i do have a working windows disk from the old thread i really wanted a working one with service pack one though. it takes over an hour just to do all the updates maybe longer without it.

5. reb1

reb1 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have a working disk also. I don't mind doing the updates. I put a trial on my computer and after making sure it worked alright purchased a copy. I have a trial going on another laptop and will purchase a copy for it within the next couple of months. I have rearmed it once so far.

6. Falco152

Falco152 Notebook Demon

Reputations:
    Well, you were supposed to check afterwards the hash to make sure your download matches. The first post info contains both a SHA1 and CRC32 hash ... best to compare with the SHA1 hash.

Even with or without a download manager, the odds of the downloaded file being corrupted gets exponentially higher as the the file size,time to completion increases, ... whole bunch of other things

7. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's been years since I burned a DVD, I always use a USB drive.

Update: There's nothing wrong with the Pro 64 ISO, I'm posting this from a fresh install.

8. alvinkhorfire

alvinkhorfire Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If some of you really insist in burning the Windows image into a DVD, it would be better to burn to a DVD-RW. If there is anything wrong with the installation, just erase the disc and try again. Once you are statisfied with the outcome, then you can proceed to burn it to a DVD-R.

9. zackor

zackor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Quick question guys.. I have an OEM installed on my laptop and now I want to use an SSD.. I don't want to create a system image so I want to do a fresh install.. if I use these links would I be able to activate using the product key that I retrieved from my Windows? I bought the laptop with Windows 7 but it originally had vista on it..so the sticker at the bottom is for vista

10. V_Chip

V_Chip Be about it.

Reputations:
    As long as you have a valid license I see no problem why it wouldn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.