LeBron to the Miami Heat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Instant Karma, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Instant Karma

Instant Karma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sooooo this team is officially now stacked. Bosh, Wade, and King James himself. sure they only have like 1.8 mil left of cap room, but all they need to do is put in a couple of rookies (who receive salary minimum) and call it a season. Anyone else agree?

And on a side note....I kinda hoped he was going to Milwaukee =P I guess he got enough out of a smaller, boring Midwest town

2. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

Reputations:
    Good riddance. I would rather see Cleveland never win another game again if it would mean the rest of the world forgets we ever had the self-proclaimed "King" as one of our own. He's not a basketball player; he's a salesman.

Dan Gilbert puts his thoughts on paper better than I ever could, so I'll let him do the talking.

Cavaliers: Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert
    Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
    Majority Owner
    Cleveland Cavaliers

3. ronnieb

ronnieb Representing the Canucks

Reputations:
    I personally really dislike the NBA right now. Bosh followed wade around wherever he went recently. I've lost all respect for Lebron and Bosh the way they handled the signings.

4. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    lebron is a very special player that only comes around once in a long while. i might not agree with how he went about with his announcement, but he's every bit of a basketball player as any other guy. he just loves to entertain while he's doing it. there's nothing wrong with that. he's even said that if he wasn't playin basketball, he'd probably be some kind of entertainer. honestly, the NBA needs that kind of stuff cuz their ratings have been dropping for a while now. how could ANYONE say that lebron is not a real basketball player after all he's done for that scrub of a team. look at his numbers and his body of work. taking lebron from cleveland would be like taking peyton manning from the colts. they would amount to nothing.

i would compare lebron to an ochocinco. they just make the game more fun for themselves, and everyone around them. people are running their mouths like the man barely puts up 10 points and a few boards a game. what happened to all that ohio love? it's all down the pooper as soon as the man wants to better his future? cleveland has nobody to blame but themselves for not trying to form a team around such a major piece.

i'm glad to see the young man go for his dreams. everyone player, despite what they might say on the outside, only has 1 goal and 1 goal alone. that goal is to be able to lift that big trophy up at the end of the season.

5. Mastershroom

Mastershroom wat

Reputations:
    The man is a great athlete, he's just not the kind of person we want on our team. He should want to win that trophy for the team, not for himself.

6. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    if it were up to 1 man to win a ring, then he'd probably have about 5 already. the guy is human. he can't do everything himself.

like i said, cleveland needs to point the finger at themselves for not surrounding the guy with ANY supporting talent.

7. ronnieb

Reputations:
    Winning with 2 other allstars on your team isn't something that I'd find very gratifying. For example: Kobe winning WITHOUT Shaq, even though everyone said he couldn't. Now that's gratifying.

8. foosa123

foosa123 adsfjldsajflkajsdfa

Reputations:
    i'm looking forward to the heat being a total flop next season and the seasons to come

9. ronnieb

Reputations:
    They'll make it into the finals IF they stay injury-free. Bosh has terrible knees, and Wade is extremely injury prone as seen in the past. Lebron is just meh

10. ICantFeelMyFace

ICantFeelMyFace Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well said houstoned, He is just following his dream and now everyone is hating on him especially Cleveland fans(see below quote). Some may think of his hour long announcement as just a super star wanting to be seen by everyone but I guess they forget the fact that all proceeds are going to charity and not his pocket and with the sponsorship 10 kids will be getting full scholarships to college. And tell me one sports player that doesn't play to win the championship? Most likely Cleveland wasn't gonna win it just relying on LeBron so he had to go to a team that has the right pieces to win it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.