Latitude X1 - 2GB RAM?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by ntsf, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mofi

mofi Newbie

Reputations:
    2 gb is recognized as 2 gb (the built in 256 mb is ignored) .. 2gb can be found for about $35-45 .. new laptop runs .. what $400 and up?

note ... I really love this old laptop (primarily because of weight at 2.5 lbs) and I'm sure at some point it will just be like keeping up an old car .. ya know sometimes you just have to do it. I've also considered buying a spare on ebay and possibly shaving some weight off of it .. just for fun.

I'm putting an ssd drive in the latitude x1 soon as well. (replacing the 4200 rpm 1.8" toshiba drive)

plus when this old laptop wears out .. guess what I have a nice 2gb stick for that new laptop and an ssd drive.

2. ivar

ivar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. pure

pure Newbie

Reputations:
    I can also confirm that 2gb works. Bought it today and as mofi said the 256mb of internal memmory is ignored.

So now i have a dell x1 with 2gb of ram and a 16gb of samsung ssd .. that kicks eee pc's *** :)

4. richardjay

richardjay Newbie

Reputations:
    What kind of RAM chip are you guys using ?? I just bought a 2gig Kingston SODIMM, installed it but immediately got a memory read/write error when I turn the machine on. It won't even get to the BIOS screen.

I bought a KVR533D2S4/2G chip.

5. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Transcend 2GB SO-DIMM 2048MB DDR2 PC2-5300 CL5 (667MHz)

http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS256MSQ64V6U

6. jrinco11

jrinco11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    what kind of battery life are you getting??