1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Latitude E6400 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Greg, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes NvGPUPro

Reputations:
    Indentation?! That means you sit on your laptop with something under the screen. ?!?
    I don't know any possible thing that can bend the plastic film of the LCD permanently. You are lucky that the screen did not break.. I mean at least you can use it.

If I miss understood, please explain, providing pictures helps.

2. kazaam55555

kazaam55555 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hm, seems you were right, at least for now and with these new drivers (and perhaps win 7 helps), there are no conflicts. Sound is better because of the ability to tweak.

Are there any settings that you guys like to use? There are so many things to tweak that I am not sure of. Bass is kind of high though.

3. wsx

wsx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah, definitely a misunderstanding. I would never sit on my laptop. :eek:

What I mean was that it appears that a very small part of the top layer of the LCD was damaged and looks like a hole. It is 1-2mm in diameter but very noticeable on anything other than black. I'm not sure how to describe how it looks when the LCD is on but it has a "prism effect" and looks a bit like a dust particle when its on the screen.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3200/lcd2x.jpg
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5472/lcd1ox.jpg

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes NvGPUPro

Reputations:
    Yea the plastic is damaged. Sorry but I don't think you can pass as non Accidental damage... :/
    You had a something under that location that during transport damaged the screen. It really sucks, especially that a laptop LCD is not cheap. :(

Well, it's life... s*** happens.. is what I say. (sorry for my language)

5. Sir Punk

Sir Punk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    how did you damage the screen that way? I am just curious. Do you have a clue? It looks like a pen or something sharp. was it open or not fully closed when in the backpack?

6. wsx

wsx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I actually don't know how the screen was damaged. I am very careful with it and avoid touching it with anything, such as fingers or pencils. (I get incredibly annoyed when someone puts their finger on my LCD screens). The laptop was fully closed in a sleeve and placed in my laptop backpack.

When the laptop is not in use, I usually close it fully. If not, I at least half-close it.

7. Greg

Greg Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Alright, so we're trying to keep owner lounge threads to under a few thousand posts so this one is closed.

Go check out the E6400 Owner's Lounge, Part II for further discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.