Latitude 7390 vs Thinkpad x390

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Marrox, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Marrox

Marrox Newbie

Reputations:
    I am looking at getting a used computer and I have found these two

Latitude 7390 i5-8350, 512gd sdd, 16gb ram, full hd touchscreen for 600 dollars
    and
    Thinkpad x390 i5-8265, 256 gb ssd, 8 gb ram, full hd touch screen for 650 dollars.

I am leaning more towards the latitude simply beacuse the specs, but I think I prefer thinkpad otherwise. Have not used either.
    I am a student so portability, battery life and quiet fans are important for me.
    Would be nice to get some feedback from people how have used these computers.

2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    They're both solid notebooks. All things equal, I'd probably pick the X390, but the Dell is hard to beat from a value perspective when you toss in the standard three year warranty with on-site service and the fact you can probably get a nice discount on one in the Dell Outlet. Buying in the outlet is pretty much the same as new as long as it's not marked scratch and dent.

I'm typing this on what is basically the same keyboard as in the X390. It's fantastic. The X390 does get you the stick if you're inclined. If you have any specific questions about these models, you can ask in the manufacturer forum where you're more likely to find owners. You may wish to consider the FAQ stuck at the top of this forum and post back. That would help us flesh things out.

I'd point out that touch screens tend to add weight, which decreases portability, and less battery life, though most ultraportable should now get you a work days worth of battery life. Good luck and welcome to NBR.

JRE84 likes this.